My Anna

My Anna

A Story by nattikur cullen
"

Love is like a rose. There are the petals � the beautiful things and feelings that came with loving someone. Then there are the thorns � the terrible pain and tragedy that love could cause. But Michael's removed the thorns.

"

My Anna
 

 

The streets were mostly deserted. It was a cold winter’s day, the icy breeze biting into everyone’s necks and faces, forcing people to dress warmly and shut all their windows. Anna was one of those few people who had escaped the confinements of her home to stroll about the neighbourhood. She wore a simple black coat wrapped tightly over a little dress but nothing else. She hardly felt the cold anymore. She felt so warm inside that she couldn’t help almost radiating with warmth. She ran a land through her long blonde hair and brushed it off her face. The young girl continued to walk, her hurried steps beginning to turn into skips. Suddenly she stopped. Stopped walking, stopped breathing, stopped caring about anything other than what now stood in front of her.
 
“You’re late,” he accused, smiling playfully at her. He was still a few steps away but Anna didn’t wait long before she ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a small kiss on his lips. He chuckled and wrapped both his arms around her waist, pulling her body closer to his. “I’ve got something for you.” He told her, grinning suddenly.
That was when Anna felt something in one of his hands now rested on her back. Her breath quickened as he took his left hand from around her and lifted up a single pink rose. She gasped at the beauty of it. “Michael,” she murmured, her eyes growing blurry behind a thick veil of tears. She blinked them back before reaching forward to take the rose from his hand.
Michael left forward and whispered into her ear, “Don’t worry sweetheart, I removed the thorns.”
She giggled and turned away from him. Slowly she lifted the rose to her nose and shut her eyes as she breathed in its intoxicating scent.
“I love you,” Michael said as he wrapped his arms once again around her waist, forcing her eyes to flicker open and her body to fall backwards into his.
“I love you too,” she told him, thrilling at the word. And she really did, more than she’d ever thought she could love anyone. She turned round so they were face to face again and rose onto her tiptoes so that her lips could reach his. She didn’t even notice the snow as it began to fell and settle on the top of her head, on the beautiful pink rose petals and on the ground around her. She was rather distracted.
 

 
 

 

As Michael kissed the most beautiful women that had ever existed he found himself thinking over something he’d said. He’d removed the thorns. He hadn’t thought Anna would see the hidden meaning, but he certainly had. See, in his opinion love was like a rose. There were the petals – the beautiful things and feelings that came with loving someone. Then there were the thorns – the terrible pain and tragedy that love could cause. When he’d said he’s removed the thorns he’s meant it both literally and figuratively. Not only had he removed the thorns from the rose, but he had removed the thorns from their love. He would never allow Anna any pain or heartache. He would protect Anna from everything that could ever harm her. She was his Anna and would stay so forever. “Anna,” he breathed as they pulled away from each other for air, “my Anna.”

 

© 2009 nattikur cullen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE IT! I adore this amazing piece, where everything is so simple and beautiful! You did an excellent job!
Now, nitty gritty stuff...
I don't think I saw any mistakes there, grammatical or spelling and punctuation and so on.
You connected with the audience, even when this was not in first person. Their feelings were obvious to me, yet almost cryptic... you had to have almost felt it before you truly understood it.
I could see everything that was happening. It wasn't just all about the feelings, it was also about the weather, the things they were doing, and this was all weaved masterfully into the poem.
The weather is something I particularly liked. The way the coldness seemed to evaporate as love gushed forth made the story even more heart-felt.
The thron bit is extra great. I love the way it is almost a proverb, something all lovers should show their partner...remove the thorn.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2009

Author

nattikur cullen
nattikur cullen

London, United Kingdom



About
Uh. I am Twilight Obsessed. And I'm a sucker for cheesy, romantic stories. Want to contact me? I check my hotmail over fifty times a day. -grins- Oh, yeah. Check out my fan fiction? http://www.fanf.. more..

Writing
Part One Part One

A Chapter by nattikur cullen


Part Two Part Two

A Chapter by nattikur cullen