Where Evil Lurks

Where Evil Lurks

A Story by Natasha Austin

The woman strolled along leisurely, not caring that it was so dark and creepy out tonight. Vampires, werewolves, witches, and ghosts. What-eva, she thought with a sniff.


A figure stood by a decrepit building, watching the woman walk. She looked to be about twenty, but her blood smelled older than that, mixed with something ancient, but potent. 


He was mesmerized, and felt a hunger inside that was more prevalent than usual. It began when he picked up her scent several minutes ago, before she appeared in his line of vision. He had to have her.


The woman stopped. What was out there? She looked around the dimly lit street, not sure what was there, but knowing something was.


Did she sense him there? He wondered. She stopped and looked around like she knew he was watching her, knew his hunger had suddenly grown, for her. But she didn't look scared. In fact she just looked annoyed. Curious.


Then their eyes met. The woman stood still; he did the same, getting himself ready to attack. But he couldn't. She could see him, the real him. He took in her eyes, saw what was there. He wanted it badly, knowing it would free him, the pure blood of her family.


The woman watched the stranger, knew what he was, a predator, an enemy. She felt her body relax, but her mind and eyes were sharp, focused. This creature wanted to kill her, she knew, but she wasn't worried.


The stranger stared a bit longer, knowing he had to have her, her essence, but he dared not touch her. He couldn't, because it had been written.


The woman raised her eyebrows. What? She thought toward the stranger. You sure you want some of this?


The stranger saw the woman's eyebrows raise, as if to say, What? A challenge.


As much as he wanted to feed on her, her essence, the Being inside her would not allow it. He felt the longing, but had to flee, and it angered him. He could not touch this anointed one.


He walked away into the shadows, still thirsting, ever longing. Another time, perhaps, I will catch her, he lied to himself.


The woman continued walking when the stranger entered the shadows. She laughed softly. Thank You, she thought, truly grateful, remembering that He did not give her the spirit of fear.

© 2011 Natasha Austin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This awesome. It foreshadows others' attempts to convey a similar idea. I like your better :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 20, 2011