Currency Ban in India

Currency Ban in India

A Story by Naz
"

Some people say banning the old currencies in India was brilliant move and some say it's not. Well, what do you think?

"

Your View, Your opinion is what matters!

 

Don't you think water and food resources should have been improved rather than currency ban?

 

Don't you think we should allocate more jobs to improve traffic and accidents  rather than currency ban?

 

Don't you think a cleaner environment is better than currency ban? Do you think is it  just you living in a cleaner town?

 

Do you know that there could be places with no electricity for hours and in fact days? Why wasn't this "master stroke" law/rule passed to eradicate  this?

 

Don't you think, govt should act against private schools having so called "international standards", ripping off parents money should have been looked after than currency ban?

 

Don't you think they should have banned only 1000s instead of 500s and 1000s? How many low-income people would suffer?

 

Do you think they can do the same for old 100s? "You might think 'No, they can't do that'. But have you expected for 500s and 100s?

 

What do you think will happen to all the old currency notes that the banks are collecting. Any proposal for future improvements?

 

Don't you think low-income Indians, traders and ordinary savers would be effected very badly?

 

Don't you think the big shots would already been aware of the currency change?

 

What about the people in rural areas deal with their hard earned money with lack of social knowledge about this currency ban? How far they should travel to see the banks?

 

Why were the emergencies unserviced for 2 days? like ATMs, Pharmacies, Fuel Stations and such? Like, ATMs being closed- Seriously? What if I want to draw smaller notes for emergency reasons?

 

Do you think it is practical for  billions of people to change the currency in approx couple of months?

 

Most Banks close at 5pm and closed weekends, so would offices sanction leaves for employees so they can go to the banks?  If no, then do they deserve to  use their saved annual leaves?

 

Why weren't enough new currency notes made available at all banks?


Banks charges the customers for cheque dishonour fee. Then should customers charge the banks for saying we do not have enough new notes?

 

Why should one have a withdrawal limit lesser than the minimum? Don't you think a person can draw how much he/she want's from their account? What if it was required for an emergency, should they wait for 24 hrs to make the next withdrawal?


Don't you think black money and corruption will now deal easier with Rs2000 note?            

 

What will happen to the tourists who planned their trip with the old currencies?

 

Don't you think the banks trading hours should have been extended longer than usual at all locations so people can exchange more conveniently.

 

Do you think people with genuine white money and elderly people deserve to struggle in the long lengthy queues to exchange the money?

© 2016 Naz


Author's Note

Naz
This is an open questionnaire for one to think what's right and wrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016
Tags: currency, currency_ban, indianrupee, indian_currency, revenue, indianpolictics, india, modi, Rs500, Rs1000, oldnotes, oldcurrency

Author

Naz
Naz

Australia