The king dies...

The king dies...

A Story by Neeraj V Murali
"

A small story that came to my mind

"

This poignant tale talks of a mighty king from the past, of whom I am to sing praises. Ruling over a land so vast, yet with no visible link with the past, the king reigned supreme. Was he an heir illegitimate, you might ask. Possessing a heavy appetite, for words and for blood, the king, moulded by sunshine and blood red tissues, the epitome of clear weather, yet looked upon with revulsion. His was a soul sullied by greed, not just greed, insatiable insane greed; a soul scarred by many an evil deed. The ‘Vampire’ king was what many recognized him as; for he did suck out blood from his own denizens.  Never a decision did he take in well being of his subjects, for self indulgence was what he desired. But, not for long did this happen... People rose in arms and you do know what this means! Ahoy! Civil war has begun! Unrest spread all over the country, both the sides in a state, injured and bloody. This was to bring the king down, so they did stand united from each and every town. The king was, alas, foolish and weak. Come to think of it, he was a freak. Huffing and puffing, up and down, in his palace, he did create a ruckus. Ah! His whining didn't calm down the avengers, sadly, he was left luckless. Deciding to address the people from the steeple, he sought advice from his ministers. Ha! Not one, not two, all were dim, just like him. Still, the king did discuss with them their absurd ideas, yet, nothing did he do but condemn. Struck by a bright idea, he brought in the mysterious man from Syria. He, who was rumoured to have been the messiah of kings, was indeed a mysterious man. His identity cloaked by a cloak, he proceeded to write a speech. The king would preach to his people from the steeple, to calm them down. The very next day, he spoke. With the people, he cracked a joke; but why? It was indeed a bewildering situation, but not for the masses. Waves of anger rose, not a single man smiled, they instead picked up the stones piled up. Everyone, old or un’ hit the mighty king with stones, breaking all his bones. They killed him, with this, ending their vengeance and thus ended the rebellion grand! Oh! That man!

 

 

© 2014 Neeraj V Murali


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful, a very beautiful job done, the language was good (albiet small grammatical errors) but that can be ignored as the lines were verse like with rhythm filled in each, making it a delightful read. Keep writing you are shining with each day.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neeraj V Murali

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much... ;)
New Theory

9 Years Ago

You are welcome bro :)
A good one. Thank you for sharing....:)................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neeraj V Murali

9 Years Ago

Thank you.. :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on October 15, 2014
Tags: story, king, hate, rebellion

Author

Neeraj V Murali
Neeraj V Murali

Delhi, India



About
I am a teenager and am aiming to become a successful author. I love to read books. My all time favourite author has been Enid Blyton, Charles Dickens and Rk Rowling...... more..

Writing