Memoirs I: A stroll in the lush woods

Memoirs I: A stroll in the lush woods

A Poem by Alexander Valdeau
"

A poem, or thought, regarding the vanity of mankind and simplicity of nature.

"

Oh, how wonderful when time flies with life beckoning the very existence we hold so dear.

Never before has the will to live been more encouraged.

As the gentle breeze of benevolence and fortune propagates through my transluscent being I can not help but feel the very wonder of life.


Oh, how easy it is to be humbled by gestures of Nature. The graceful simplicity that of which Nature heartens inspiration and dawns somberness.

A single ray of light during a gloomy day

or

the reverent song of a Blackbird in the midst of an arduous journey

or

the seizing of time and emancipation from fabricated obligations whose sole purpose is to impede joy and delight.


Sitting on an old and timeworn wooden bench in mid-spring amongst gusts of wind carrying the scent of exuberance and sincere sunrays lightly grazing my skin I find myself brooding over the vanity that has been bestowed upon us like a godforsaken gift poisoning our virtues. A relic from our previous ancestors refusing to perish as greater ideals intertwines our beings.

As disparity and tolerance once were bitter enemies we will rejoice in the celebration of their inevitable harmony and friendship.


One has to break free from the chains withholding our moral rectitude and cast aside our pretentious prejudice that permeates through our social norms.


As time changes as do we and with it comes the burden of adapting to unforseen events and circumstances.

Let us conquer prejudice

Let us embrace disparity

Let us protect the frail

Let us vanquish arrogance

Let us celebrate unity

and

Let us rejoice in Nature

as we are Nature and Nature is us thus we are obliged to nurture, foster and appreciate all that is within the bounds of our very own existence.


Alas, a life o so ever precious is irrefutably as frail as the wings of a butterfly soaring resolutely through the trials that the wind may carry along its path towards the pursuit of absolute harmony and equilibrium with itself and everything that encompasses the universe in which it o so ever perpetually tries to uphold its very existence.

© 2015 Alexander Valdeau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 28, 2015
Last Updated on November 28, 2015
Tags: vanity, joy, nature, simplistic, poem, happy, optimistic, hopeful

Author

Alexander Valdeau
Alexander Valdeau

Stockholm, Järfälla, Sweden



About
From sweden 23 years of age ... a hopeless romantic ....... an even more hopeless pessimistic optimist alas, eventually we will all walk the same path more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by Alexander Valdeau