It's Not Us, It's You

It's Not Us, It's You

A Story by Neha Reddy
"

This is a small piece of writing dedicated to all those inferior people, to all those that catcall, to those that bully and make fun of others. It's Not Us, It's You.

"
This is a message to all of you that belong to the inferior society.

A message to those of you that have criticised a girl at some point of your life. To those who have insulted women. To those that think that women dress indecently, If you say we dress indecently that just shows how you think. Half of you men there call girls s***s, but how many of you know what it means? Wearing a short skirt doesn’t make you a s**t. Roaming with guys does not make you s**t. Dating guys does not make you a s**t. Then what makes you one? Go find out. Find out before you comment on any other girl. You think a girl wearing short clothes doesn’t have values, you think she wants attention, your thought process works in the wrong way and you blame us for it? Too all those ladies and gentlemen that are probably criticising some one right now, Remember, It is Not Us, It is You. You know what makes it even worse? Each one of you has a sister, a mother, a wife, a girlfriend or a daughter that’s going through the same situation. You get agitated when you hear that it happens to them, but why are you allowed to do the same with another girl? Isn’t she a mother? Isn’t she a sister or wife or a daughter to someone else out there?

Don’t girls get the basic right of dressing how they want, the way the feel comfortable? First you criticise, them you rape. And the reasons behind you’re rape are so absurd that we don’t even have words to explain how much it raises feeling of punching you right in the face. You say her clothes provoked you to rape her? What about all of those women that were wearing burkas? They were clothed from top to bottom, why did you rape them? It’s high time and you have to change. Your ideas have to change. The way you think has to change and definitely they way you act. Your thought process has to change. You want a girl who’s completely “clear” and who doesn’t do anything bad where as you go around partying and having sex with other girls? You imagine your wife to be very “neatly” dressed, but when you see someone like that you call them “old-fashioned”. It is you who has to learn how to respect women. It is YOU. I am a girl and I pledge for a change in this society. Raise your voice, break your shatters of darkness and let them all know that IT IS NOT US, IT IS YOU.

© 2016 Neha Reddy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on March 16, 2016

Author

Neha Reddy
Neha Reddy

Hyderabad, India



Writing
Love Love

A Story by Neha Reddy


Nature Nature

A Poem by Neha Reddy


Beauty Beauty

A Poem by Neha Reddy