The Clock Tells No Lies

The Clock Tells No Lies

A Story by neilion
"

A description of a bad way to start the morning.

"
My already forgotten dream is rudely interrupted by an annoying, high-pitched chime that I immediately recognize as my alarm clock. Inside, I wish I was still dreaming, but outside, I ridicule myself for not accepting the fact that I cannot wish away reality. My hand, as if it has a mind of its own, lunges over to the alarm clock and slides across the row of buttons until the noise finally dies. Sitting up, I begin running through my head all the things I have planned for today. Forcing myself up, I rub my eyes, knowing already that if I go into deep thought this early in the morning, my mind will fall into a trance, clouding my thoughts and feelings into an abyss of deep sleep, one that I would do anything to experience, but would ruin the errands I have planned for today.I look at the clock and I lose trust with my sight. My mind panics with confusion and denial as I realize that my alarm went off 2 hours too early. I try to correct my vision by slowly moving towards and away from the clock, hoping that I don't have to be ashamed of not setting the clock right the night before. Finally my vision refreshes and I give the clock one good stare and I realize, with pure resentment, that the clock tells no lies.

© 2009 neilion


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on July 25, 2009

Author

neilion
neilion

Des Moines, IA



About
I'm 17 years old and I am going to be a senior this year at East High School. For a long time I've been trying to figure out how to advance my writing ability and obviously explore my strengths in wri.. more..

Writing