Midnight Embrace

Midnight Embrace

A Poem by NelliKong

Midnight Embrace


Midnight embraces me on a regular… it sees every part of me, even down to the molecular… even in the darkest place I still get reception, no cellular data.


This embrace brings me comfort… from this vicious pain that hurts… the midnight embrace wants me to put my emotions first… it doesn’t want me to take a turn for the worse. 


This midnight embrace has a tissue to wipe my tears… listens to me when I yell about how life is unfair… show me that they care… tell me that I’m not far beyond repair… that I don’t need to have al the answers on all these questionnaires.


So midnight, I like to thank you for embracing me… for not judging or telling me who I should and shouldn’t be…. thank you for making me feel alright… contrary to popular belief, there is light in the darkness of the night.  

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is a beautiful expression of gratitude for the comfort and solace that the midnight brings you. It's clear that you feel a deep connection to the nighttime and that it provides a safe space for you to express your emotions without judgment. The way you use language to describe the embrace of the midnight is powerful, and the contrast between the darkness of the night and the light of hope is striking. It's important to express ourselves authentically and to find sources of comfort and support when we need them. Keep writing from the heart and expressing yourself in ways that feel true to you.

Posted 11 Months Ago


NelliKong

11 Months Ago

thank you so much for the feedback
I hear the dialogue but I want know the back story.

Posted 11 Months Ago


NelliKong

11 Months Ago

thanks for the feedback
Coffee Vampier

11 Months Ago

You're being stupid loosen up

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 12, 2023
Last Updated on July 12, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing