Escape From Your Heart

Escape From Your Heart

A Poem by NelliKong

It’s hard for you to have your feelings for me to escape from your heart… you felt your world change when I got on a different plane to depart… that’s when you started to fall apart… not to a different location, but we aren’t in the same place… you felt like another person would be able to take my place… we’re moving at a different pace… now you fell flat on your face and looking for saving grace.


The way that I made your heart feel with an abidance of emotion… you took for granted my time and devotion… but soon you’ll realize tat I’m never coming back and you’ll wish to have a magi potion, to beg for my return… now those tears you cry actually burn.


You can’t escape the impact that I had on your life… now you feel alone because you lost the fight… now you feel the pain you caused, each and every slice… the weight that held me down, now I’m free to fly high like a kite… now you’re left with the bill to pay the price. 

© 2024 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on March 3, 2024
Last Updated on March 3, 2024

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing