The Psychology of Colors and the Philosophy of Lesbianism

The Psychology of Colors and the Philosophy of Lesbianism

A Poem by Nesha
"

Just some ramblings I wrote down one day...

"

 

LIFE
red is intensity, rage, Rapacity, fierceness, passionate, exciting, fervid, and active. as lesbians we must express ourselves passionately, hold our heads high with fierceness, become vehement and active members of the glbt community, and remain fervid and enraged that in 2008 we still have to fight for the right to be who we are among our heterocentric counterparts. we are still [red] UCED to and governed by what society sees fit.
Healing
orange is happiness, confidence, and resourcefulness. Lesbians that are [out] are full of confidence, and resourceful in providing guidance and tips on how to come out of the closet with dignity. The lesbians that haven’t come out just haven’t found their confidence but once you have found yourself and understand who you are inside and out, happiness will follow.
Sun
Yellow is optimism, idealism, sunshine, covetousness, inspiration, and spirituality. In an idealist world, lesbians are accepted by everyone. we (homocentric and heterocentric) cohabitate and all is well. The grey HAZE OVER the clouds disappears forever and sunshine illuminates the sky all across the world. We can’t forget about the dynasty of lesbians who hold a prominent status in society and continue to dazzle and inspire other lesbians; optimism that lesbians can be who they are and achieve greatness. Some of the great lesbians include K.D. lang, portia de rossi, ellen degeneres, jennifer beals, melissa etheridge, rosie O’Donnell, etc.
Nature
Green is health, goodluck, renewal, conservatism, misfortune, vigor, and envy. we are thought to be hyper-sexed, out-of-control, an abomination. Lesbians are every bit as much filled with conservatism as heterocentric individuals. we have functional, loving, healthy, caring relationships and are as capable as anyone else of raising children whether they are adopted or natural. Lesbians and all individuals functioning in society have experinced fortune and misfortune. We also have so much vigor in us the way we parade the streets every year in june celebrating yet another year of us, another year of diversity. Lesbians believe in a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Still we fight the predator that took many of us over and still there is no cure…
Art
blue is peace, tranquility, harmony, calmness, cleanliness, and depression. a life filledw ith peace and harmony is the life that lesbians also strive for. Harmony is the hopes that the disease of homophobia will disappear, all hate will cease; tranquility yields its beuatiful face and this sometimes depressing society is no more.
 
Spirit
purple is enlightenment, royalty, and spirituality. some lesbians happily embrace the words of the good lord. some choose not to worship because they were told to be a lesbian and have love for god is an abomination, a sin. enlightenment is knowing that god loves us all. enlightenment is also knowing that [he] can only judge you! god wants us to do his work and follow in his good spirit. lesbians, it is ok to carry the spirit of your lifestyle and the spirit of the lord with you!
 
 
 

© 2008 Nesha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How you presented your writing is quite clever in what should've been an obvious way, which makes it all the more impressive to me. The best things always seem obvious after the fact.

I'm upset with myself for not finding this work of yours until 10 years later.

I do hope this review reaches you... you deserve all the props for this.




Posted 5 Years Ago


You forgot Alix Olson!!!! Very Important Lezbian!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a wonderful affirmation. Well written and based upon the colors which transcend sexual preference, yet adapted adeptly. Cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2008

Author

Nesha
Nesha

Dumfries, VA



About
I currently live in the Northern Virginia area. Writing is a passion of mine. I write to ease my mind and it is a great stress reliever for me. A majority of the works I produce are about lesbian sexu.. more..

Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Poem by Nesha


Apologies Apologies

A Poem by Nesha


The Darkness The Darkness

A Poem by Nesha