The coming

The coming

A Story by hailey oswald

Now don't get me wrong, I am pretty excited for my cousin to come down here to Hahira, Georgia. But the thing is….. Im not sure how it will end. Or what will happen when she comes down here in the middle of the summer. I already have the first night planned. We'll come home from Atlanta and i'll say, ok so lets get you unpacked and then we can pull an all nighter." and thats pretty much the first plan. But what will happen if she finds a new friend and doesn't want to hang out with me anymore? Or we fight and we stop talking to each other for the rest of the time? Too bad I can't just take a time machine, take it to the future, and see what happens. I imagine us hanging out together, then comes the idea of her leaving and I'm on the edge of tears. Imagining us hugging for five minutes before her flight takes off….. Then what do I do? Just sit around the house again reading, then finally 4 months go by and then I finally cry? And I know I look totally retarded when I cry. I can feel it, hear someone saying, "Stop. Stop your retarded facial expressions are making my eyes burn!" thats why I don't like to cry. I like to feel tough. 
Rock solid.
Hard as steel.
Unbreakable.
Plus, no ones ever there to have a shoulder for me to cry on. I'm always the one to have the snot rags, tissues, and the shoulder to cry on. Well, of course theres my mom and dad, but that would just mean embarrassment on my end, and I hate interacting with my parents that way. Ugh. Life. Darn you! You despicable part of life! I HATE YOU, SORROW, I HATE YOU, JOBS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, I HATE ALL OF IT! 
But the real question we should be asking ourselves, is, Does something good  come from this rough spot? If not, we all die anyway. Remember that.

© 2014 hailey oswald


Author's Note

hailey oswald
That last sentence, "If not we all die anyway" was not a way of saying to kill yourself. don't do that. You'll have your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014

Author

hailey oswald
hailey oswald

Georgia



About
I love archery, Dance, Writing/Reading (Of course, who doesn't on this page?) Internet and currently reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowel. Fav. Authors: John Green, Maureen Johnson, Rainbow Rowel, Cate .. more..

Writing
Coming Home Coming Home

A Chapter by hailey oswald