Sitting in the dark

Sitting in the dark

A Story by hailey oswald

Roy sat. And sat. She sat in the midst of darkness, alone. For hours and hours, Roy sat on the hillside with forest green grass, that was tipped with mildew. Just thinking, thinking how this could have happened. It was  just yesterday that her lover told Roy that he loved her with all his heart. Then only to find him in another women's bed the next morning. A bird chirped over head, and Roy looked up to find a man standing before her. The sunrise was creeping out of the mountains shadows, to blind her of his features. Her mind said run, but she was too heart broken to move.
"Hey……. You ok?" the stranger asked looking at her tear streaked cheeks. Roy shook her head, brown hair whipping at her hazel eyes. The man started to sit down while saying, "the names Ash by the way." Roy scooted over so that their hips weren't touching. It brought back too many memories. "Roy." She said blankly her voice cracking. "That's an odd name for a girl. But I like it." Ash said. "I get that a lot. Just not the last sentence." Ash smirked at that. "Hey so whats  up with the sad face?"
"Do you even care?"
"………. Yes."
"Well, doesn't quite sound like it. So why don't you just back the f**k off? Ok?"
"Sorry….. But no."
"What? Did I hear you correctly? Because I thought you just said 'no'."
"No, you heard me correctly." 
Roy poked at this for a moment. Or two. In the end she decided to tell him what happened. "Ok look, long story short, I got played, fell in love, and then to find out that he had been sleeping with another girl  and got my heartbroken by a dick head who I thought loved me. THE END. Now go away!" 
"Look, I won't go away but I will leave you to be quiet with me being here. Is that ok?" What Roy wanted was to say, "no go away!" But instead she replied blankly with an "Ok." So they sat there till the full sun had arose and the sky turned into a baby blue. A wind lifted her auborn hair up so her face was buried in her hair. It stuck to her cheeks and lips from the now slowing tears. Just then did Ash wipe her hair off her face but did nothing more.  Until, "Give me your phone. If you have it on you." He said. Roy gave him her phone without hesitation. Ash put in his number and put hers in his. "Don't ask. But you can trust me if there is anything you don't want to talk about with your friends."
"That doesn't make any sense. Why on earth would I come to you of all people?"
"Sometimes its easier to talk to a stranger instead of someone you already know."

© 2014 hailey oswald


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 8, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014

Author

hailey oswald
hailey oswald

Georgia



About
I love archery, Dance, Writing/Reading (Of course, who doesn't on this page?) Internet and currently reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowel. Fav. Authors: John Green, Maureen Johnson, Rainbow Rowel, Cate .. more..

Writing
Coming Home Coming Home

A Chapter by hailey oswald