Every Fifteen Minutes

Every Fifteen Minutes

A Story by Nia Hope

Blood spattered all over the hood of the car. Sirens wailed all around me and there I was alone. She was dead and he had to be rushed to the hospital. Some would say "He got what he deserved" while others would say "He didn't deserve that." There I sat on the curb just watching: watching them wheel her away on the gurney, watching them carry him to the ambulance as blood dripped off of his finger tips like the silent tears on my face, watching my hands shake and blood seep from my jacket sleeves. I had told him to let me drive but he insisted. I tried taking the keys but he was able to get them back. I screamed and begged and pleased and tried to pull him away "None of that stuff will ever happen to us" he told me literally thirty seconds before he swerved and ran head on into her car and it was the last thing he had said to me. She didn't deserve any of it and though he didn't make the right choice he didn't deserve to see that happen to her. When she took that last breath, left behind a family, a group of friends and so much more because of his poor decisions. Those who were lucky to have her in their lives aren't so lucky anymore. As for him, he may live he may not I don't know how he is as he is being rushed away in the ambulance. He didn't realize that that much "fun" could lead to so much trouble. And still I sit here even more alone as they start to load up the gurney to take her to the coroner's office. As I sat and waited for some way to get home I thought to myself, "Why do these things have to happen? Not just to me but to other people too? It isn't fair. It's just not right for people to lose their lives because of the one bad decision of just one other person." That wasn't even the worse part. The pretty girl driving the other car had become just another statistic when she could have been so much more, and my brother could be next. it's sad that things like this happen Every Fifteen Minutes.

© 2013 Nia Hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on April 21, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2013
Tags: Every Fifteen Minutes, drunk driving, death, statistics

Author

Nia Hope
Nia Hope

NV



About
Writing is magic and I am a magician in training with some small tricks but many more to learn. more..

Writing
Wolf Cry Wolf Cry

A Poem by Nia Hope