Nothing Left

Nothing Left

A Story by Nia Hope
"

I haven't quite gotten to the requests yet but I just felt the need to post something i wrote a few weeks ago. Based on, well life. It's all good now though :)

"
Tears burned in the back of my throat just like the fire had burned the apartment downstairs from us only a few weeks ago. Almost three to be exact. There was nothing left.
Black soot covered many of the outlets and the stairwell. There was nothing left.
It was the first time I had seen it like this, desolate and destroyed. There was nothing left.
I remember walking into what used to he my room for the first time. Now there was nothing left.
It looked worse than when I had moved my belongings in. Now the floor was covered in dust and insulation and my belongings were being chemically cleaned in ways I honestly don't care to know right now.
There's nothing left in that apartment, nothing but an independent life that had been postponed, an independent life I know I've earned myself.
Of course I'm upset about this no doubt, but there's gotta be something good left from this situation.
There has to be something left....

© 2013 Nia Hope


Author's Note

Nia Hope
Not exactly sure what improvements I could make on it so any kind of comment would help :) Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Repetition does strongly emphasize but too much takes away from the work. The line is very fine. Four lines in a row for me was too many. At the end the twist was well said.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nia Hope

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review and thanks for taking the time to read it :)
I think you have written from your heart and been honest. That is the .amings of great writing. Few of us can imagine what this must be like. You have told us what it is like for you. Good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nia Hope

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much and thank you for reading.
It's very well written! Thanks for sharing!

-CW

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nia Hope

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
its seems a well writen write to me...so well penned ...
keep sharing!
^^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nia Hope

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: fire

Author

Nia Hope
Nia Hope

NV



About
Writing is magic and I am a magician in training with some small tricks but many more to learn. more..

Writing
Wolf Cry Wolf Cry

A Poem by Nia Hope



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


God God

A Poem by Coyote Poetry