Loose

Loose

A Poem by Nichole
"

Just a tale from this one strange night.

"

I look into black holes and wish for a red light.

I just want to stop spinning. 
I wonder where we are going as the trees succumb to November and collapse into the road, which is now forking into four, five, six different paths. 
I am relieved as my feet touch wallpaper, lace flowers in forest and plum.

 

Vibrating, sinking, elevating squares and lines and diamonds and staircases
I long to shrink and acrobatically dance through the electric hues as if they were laser beams, and I was a bandit.
Their hands fall behind, and those hands fall behind, it seduces me like a spell.
The silver dripping down the wall reflects rainbows into me, into them.


I feel a presence lingering, right over my shoulder.
Their touch is terrifyingly close, their darkness becoming my aura. 
I can feel their eyes burning into the back of my brain, weakening me.
Their wicked silhouette in the corner of my eye disappears as I turn to meet their face.
 

All I can see are eyes, bulging, bleeding out of unfamiliar faces.
The safety that is my own mind is being terrorized, rummaged through, defiled. 
I'm helpless like a schizophrenic, exposed like a dream.
Even in my loneliness, the torment screams into my ears. 

 

The colors fade and I begin to remember the comfort of beige and cream.
Morning slides into the blinds, casting lines of both light and dark onto the carpet.
I battle with delirium, my eyelids buckle every few minutes until I give in.
Upon waking, the world had closed in on me. 

 

© 2014 Nichole


Author's Note

Nichole
Be constructive, not destructive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on April 15, 2014
Last Updated on April 15, 2014
Tags: people, strange, hallucinations, psychedelics, creepy, color, eyes, mind, confusion, curiosity, drugs, tags

Author