The Dreams

The Dreams

A Story by Nick Cervino
"

This srory is about a kid who is never named but has dreams that he keeps waking up from and they lead into another dreams. He soon realizes that maybe one dream may be his last

"

BANG! BANG! BANG! As I look down at my shirt, I see a hole where there once was cloth. My brain begins to process that I was shot. As I touch the blood ,  a shot of pain rushes through my body. I tried to turn around without being blinded with pain, when my heart stopped I’m teetering over the ledge of a huge building, and, before I know it, nothing is keeping  me on the roof. I’m falling straight towards the ground. I see the ground fifteen feet below me and prepare for the hit, then--- suddenly I sit straight up in my bed, breathing heavily and sweating, I start to recall what just happened. I had a bad dream, that’s all, no one actually got shot. I get up out of my bed to go and get a drink of some water  when I noticed the trail of red, harsh against the clean white tiles.   After the dream I had just awoken from I had to find out where this trail originated.I see in the distance my mom, shot! I stand over her. When I kneel down  I am relieved hear a faint and raspy breaths. . Rise. Fall. Rise. Fall. Still. Please no.  Nothing. Tears begin to fill my eyes until, all of  a sudden, her eyes shoot open. She begins to say something “This is--” and then again, I quickly sit up in bed, and realize it was another bad dream. I go to get a drink of water and that's when I see “IT”...  “IT” was wearing a dark hood that covered “its” face.

     We stare at each other for what feels like an eternity and then he removes the hood. My heart stops, I freeze, the face is--- I sit straight up in my bed again, looking around and realizing that I just had another bad dream. I start to wonder if all of this is some evil and twisted game. I get out of bed and walk around my house trying see if anything will turn into a terrible dream. I turn down a hallway and then I'm outside an asylum. I open the gate to the asylum and I see a long and dark hallway with jail cells on all sides. I slowly walk down the hall and I see people, maniacs and psychos, screaming at me, yelling for me to help them. That is all I see and hear for the next few minutes, then another hallway, this one is a bit different. The walls down this one were painted red with blood.At the end of the hall is a man, standing there staring at me, holding a chainsaw with something that looks like a mask made of human flesh covering his face. Slowly, he began walking towards me. Then BAM!!!! The chainsaw falls to the floor and a horrible screeching and scratching sound just like nails being dragged across a chalkboard follows. Sparks fly, his feet slam, cries of people in pain, and the darkness floods the hallway that I stand in. The darkness, quiet, peaceful, I hear birds chirping, children laughing and having fun, a running tractor, and then I see the family, my family. I haven't seen my family since the incident, since that day. Ever since the incident on February 24th, 2001 I haven't seen my family once, it's all because of my evil brother and his ability to lie to anyone and guilt trip anyone. I walk up to the family and then I put my hand on my dad’s shoulder and then it happened. My hand went right through his shoulder and then i realized he was fake. The audio started to repeat and then all went black. When I woke up i was strapped down to a chair and there was a person standing in front of me. Splash! My face goes cold, and covered in water. Everything has gotten weird since the first time i “woke up.” I assume this is just another dream and that i will just wake up in a minute or two. I look down and see that i'm strapped down to a chair and i can't get up. This hooded figure comes out of the corner of the room and walks over to me, he picks up a knife and puts it to my cheek. He doesn't talk and only slowly puts pressure on the knife and very slowly drags it across my face. The warm and sticky blood is dripping down the side of my face. He keeps cutting me and putting me through so much pain, He never talks, never removes his hood and mask, never tells me what is going on. I'm in so much pain i'm about to pass out and my vision is dotted with stars. Just when I feel like all my blood is gone and all i can see is white light, he stops. He removes his mask and hood and i’m surprised to see that the face that stares back at me is a face i've not wanted to see for years, the face of my brother. He ruined my life and made it a living hell. He messed with it, twisted it, brought hell to my life with how much evil is in him. He would be a dead man if i could ever get out of this chair. He would never be able to walk or talk again. If someone brings hell to life they aren't someone who deserves to live and have a life of freedom.  I keep telling myself to wake up but it won't happen. I feel all this pain and it wont stop. I realize this time it isn't a dream, this is real life. I eventually pass out from the pain, when i wake up i'm in a cell. I'm in a lot of pain but all the blood stains are gone. I'm connected to an iv and i'm getting blood back in my body. I'm weak but i think that i can get out. I get up off the cot i'm laying on and i fall over, a shot of pain flows through my whole body. I am so weak i can't get myself off the ground. I look up and see a mark on the wall that says “3 years” and a note under my cot. The note says “You've been here for 3 years, you won't remember anything because your memory has been erased every morning and night you’`ve been here. Today i'm in charge of erasing it and i chose to help you out. You will have to wait for a few hours for you to regain all your strength and be able to get out of here. I will slide the key under your door and you can escape. Just wait till the perfect moment and you are home free.” I crawl back onto the cot and connect the iv back and the blood bag, i wait and then i hear the key get slid under my door. I stand up and i have my strength back, 100%. I pick up they key and open the door and run for the exit. I suddenly remember that my brother is still here. I run and find a guard that's patrolling the corridor, i run and grab him by the neck and snap his neck and take his gun and keycard to the compound.

© 2017 Nick Cervino


Author's Note

Nick Cervino
Please leave any comments, this is not a complete story yet and hope to upload an updated version later

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on January 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 4, 2017

Author

Nick Cervino
Nick Cervino

Aston, PA



About
Im a freshman in high school and love writing and would like to share some of it with the public more..

Writing