[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Nickles

Choices. Say, bringing a plane in gently on good strong concrete without any obstructions on the runway. Say, making sure all doors are secure. Choices. Do you pay attention to it or not? Say, Staying up late to talk with your friend in regards to love. Say, having about a thousand addictions. Do you turn out ealry and go to sleep or Do you hang in there to prove a point?

It could be there that there comes a moment when you feel a pang in the center of yourself. A feeling that tells you do I go or do I stay?

Then, it could be that it all depends on "is it worth it?"

What are you fighting for? What matters? The answer to those questions... Could be the answer to the ultimate question: How's it gonna be?

Well, I can tell you how it's going to be for me. Because, I'm making those "choices" a thousand times a day. It's just the industry, I chose. Aviation... Oh, good God, Aviation.

Talk about a baby, maybe 18 months old... on the wings of a tyradactyl. I walked into this one with  my head held so high, shoulders back, chin up. I spoke with clarity and new ideas. I was truly inspired. Not so anymore. My co-workers, the monotony and the over all dredge of working to live is beginning to kill my soul. But all the while I'm steady learning at ridiculous rate. More so than I ever have in my entire life. I'm learning about it all- Propulsion, the science of astrology, flight, flight patterns, obstructions to airspace, medical emergencies, power outages, fire alarms, social grace, having the upper hand, laying concrete, inspections, complying with the code, enforcing the code, being pushed, pushing others...like a river coming through the hills- like a leader breaking through the crowd... I'm learning.

and this is amazing.

 

© 2008 Nickles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having an aviator in my life, myself, I know that it gets into your blood. It is more a calling than an occupation for those who truly love it! Nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2008

Author

Nickles
Nickles

Varnish, ME, Belgium



About
This is an honest look at you a girl you may already know. more..