Remember Me

Remember Me

A Story by Nicole

           She looks at him. Today he leaves, to do new things. Today he leaves, to go to a whole new place. Without her. She has so much to tell him, but she don't know how. She wants to sit down next to him, and confess exactly how she feels. She can't. He's leaving, and all she can do is sit back and watch him leave, not being able to say anything, because she's just too shy. Too worried about what he'd think. She never used to worry about what people think. Until him.

 

            They look at each other again. A loudspeaker blares. It snaps them back to reality. People go by in a whirlwind of luggage. They are quiet. Awkwardly quiet.

 

            She watches him realize a pocket on his bag is partially unzipped. He bends down, and she sees the way he gently zips up pocket. She smiles. Thoughts start running through her head. "What if he gets hurt?", a fearful voice in her head asks. Another voice, this time jealousy, asks, "What if he finds a girl and falls for her, before I get to tell him?". She shakes her head. She has to tell him. She loves him.

 

            They look at each other, and smile. She takes a breath, and opens her mouth to talk. She stops, and thinks...,"Do I really have a chance?". He looks at her, wondering what she was about to say. She shakes her head, and says, "Never mind. It's nothing. Just my imagination playing tricks on me again".


        He laughs, and says it's okay. They make eye contact shortly, till she starts to blush and looks away. She saw something when she looked at him. She wasn't sure what it was, but there was a certain something. He looks at her.


        "There's something I have to tell you...", he says.


        The loudspeaker comes to life again. "Flight AC 443 to New Brunswick, now boarding", it says. "Passengers go to Terminal 4".

 

            He sighs. Just when he was going to tell her everything. The way she looked at him, was it just a look, or more? It felt as if she could see his very soul. She looks at him, and says, "What were you going to say?".


        "Never mind, it’s nothing. Just...never mind", was his reply. He looks at her and smiles. She looks at her feet, shyly. "Well doll...I gotta be goin' ", He says.


        She looks up, and says, "Okay...take care of yourself. Don't be getting into any trouble up there okay?" He nods, uncertain of what else he could say to her, and starts to walk away. She looks down again, and then makes a decision. "Tommy, wait!", she calls. He turns around. She looks up, and goes over to him. She looks up to his dark brown eyes, and smiles. In a soft voice, almost like a whisper, she says, "Tommy, I don't know what you were going to say, but I love you and I'm going to miss you." She kisses him softly on the lips.


        Before he could say anything, she disappeared amongst the whirlwind of the crowd.

© 2012 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very lovely sentiment here. Awkward, unsure and in love. It leaves one hoping that out there somewhere, in the place that these tales still go on even after we pen them, he eventually comes back and they are together.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is so beautiful. I felt the tension... the need to communicate, to say more, to hold on, to delay this separation.... So heartbreaking... When she dissapears before he can reply, I was so moved. I agree with the previous comment, it would translate perfectly in screenplay format. You are a strong visual storyteller, as you really took us there. I could picture that terminal, see all the strangers, but mostly, I could see these two characters, in their little instant of stretched eternity. Bravo!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mmmmmm. I love this. I love the ending. So sweet. This sounds like a screenplay to a great movie.

Very sweet and romantic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 30, 2012

Author

Nicole
Nicole

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada



About
She is a Deaf Canadian currently studying abroad in Washington, DC and enjoying all that the experience has to offer. A sociology major, with a concentration in criminology, getting a glimpse at the i.. more..

Writing
Heart's Song Heart's Song

A Poem by Nicole



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SEX SEX

A Poem by The Nude Writer