Women

Women

A Story by Nikki Rae
"

This is a political essay that I had to write for my Dynamic Writing class.

"

Growing up as a women has always been hard. Throughout history, until recent times, women have been considered housewives, even when our parents were growing up. Women were always controlled by their husbands or fathers and in some religions, they still are , which isn't okay. Women should be able to live their own lives and not have to be dependant on a man. Girls are taught from a very young age that they need a man because of fairy tales and movies. For example, in the story Snow White, little girls are taught that they need a man to save them, which is definitely not the case. Little girls shouldn't be worrying about boys just because some of their favorite movie shave taught them that they need one. Many women are too afraid to say what they think or speak their mind because they are scared of judgement. Because of this, little girls are also told to keep silent and not speak their opinions if they think it will cause them trouble. I think little girls should be taught to take reasonable risks when speaking.

Biologically speaking, women are stronger than men. Women not only mature much faster, but they produce antibodies at incredible speeds, are less susceptible to cardiovascular diseases, and woman have a much higher pain tolerance due to having to live through childbirth and other things. Not only this, but women are much less likely to suffer from recessive disorders like colour blindness, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and hemophilia. So, basically when may ignorant men say that women are weaker than men, they are completely wrong.

One man said, “They have proven to be excessively emotional and irrational.” You know why were supposedly irrational and emotional? Maybe it's because women are judged by their appearance constantly. Or maybe it's because little boys aren't taught that women are not possessions, but little girls are taught to avoid doing certain things for the fear of safety. Or it could be the fact that lawmakers talk about us like were objects and not humans. Or the fact that if a man rapes a women, he receives little to no jail time, even though every 6 minutes, a women is raped.

Even if women eventually become equivalent to men, some things won't change. For example, women aren't “allowed” to play baseball; only softball. They are almost the same thing except in softball you pitch underhand because “we can't handle it.”

Also. in gym the guys will be outside playing football while the girls are inside doing trust exercises and passing around a rubber chicken. We never even get to play football during middle school because apparently, we can't handle that either.

Women are inspired by Hillary Clinton and her attempt at the oval office, but it comes as a shock to many people. This is because women still have unbridled discrimination, as well as harassment in the workplace. Some women are even kept out of leadership roles entirely. The women that aren't being kept out of them, there are very few of them; only 25% of executives, 19% of board seats and 4.6% of CEO roles are occupied by women. The percentages for women who are in STEM are also extremely low. Only 8% of mechanical engineers, 11% of physicists and astronomers and 10% of technology jobs at Silicon Valley are occupied by women. One of the many reasons for this is women are too afraid of sexual harassment in jobs that are traditionally taken by men.

Some people, mostly men, may think that women don't deserve rights. This is because they believe that they should have all of the power and they don't want to share it with anyone else. They also believe that everything went “downhill” once we were granted rights. Another claim is that “all things valuable to mankind were created by men only, thus men should be allowed to use it.” However, this would mean that anything women have created, men can't use. This would mean that men wouldn't be able to use the fire escape, the windshield wiper or even computer software. Also, men wouldn't be allowed to use the dishwasher or they wouldn't be allowed to indulge on chocolate chip cookies and beer. Women deserve their rights just as much as men do because we both contribute to this society equally.

Many men don't think they can support this cause because “men can't be feminists.” this is completely untrue. Many men are feminists and it is a way of life that anyone can adapt. Even if it was a “women-only” things (which would be contradicting itself) break those boundaries guys! Who cares if it was “only for women?” If it's something you believe in speak out about it and don't keep your thoughts in. You're just wasting your mind if you don't do it.

Obviously, this is a big topic considering the Women's March and all the awareness that women have been gaining. We have been fighting for what's right for the past 150 years and we have no intentions to stop now. People have risked everything for this because if they can make millions of women's lives better, than it does not matter what happens to them. These brave men and women will go down in history books for this. Men and women should be created equal and neither should be better than the other.

© 2017 Nikki Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017
Tags: women rights, political essay, women, feminism

Author

Nikki Rae
Nikki Rae

Lindenhurst, india, India



About
Cat Productions the best Video production company and leading explainer video maker in India provides strategic media production company. This explainer video production are top corporate video maker.. more..

Writing
Be Careful Be Careful

A Poem by Nikki Rae