Dark Streets

Dark Streets

A Story by nina
"

just a little reflection for the heart and mind

"
I don’t want to be the one that regrets who regrets who she became.  If my life turns out horrible and you stand there proud and successful, please don’t ever think of me.  Don’t turn my way fore I could never feel more savage if you did.  Pride is a beautiful thing not to be meddled with.  Let me go now so that I shall not worry.  I see beauty and potential when I look at you that I know is not in myself.  So please; carry on without me so that you may be free.  I am nothing but a burden.  I will be the one with lots of unwed children and torn clothing.  I will sleep in the dirty and bloody sheets if I am lucky enough to find shelter for merely a rest.  You will sit in your room and look out at the dark streets.  But please; do not think of me.  Keep dreaming and soaring for those dreams you have almost achieved.  And when you have reached those, keep going.  My children will never hold your children’s hands but that’s okay.  My children will know I did what I could just like yours.  They will reach higher goals and potential than either you or I.  If I don’t make my life happy, I know my children will make my life bearable.  I hope you can say the same thing when your husband leaves and you realize the world you thought of as a child has been utterly crushed and everything you thought you had, isn’t there anymore.  Don’t lose hope.  My face may be dirty but my eyes are not blind to the world.  Your face may be sparkling clean, but darling, you may be blind to the world.

© 2017 nina


Author's Note

nina
does it speak to emotion?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017
Tags: streets, dark, sad, alone, lost, down, pride, poor, forgotten

Author

nina
nina

Farmington Hills, MI



About
I love Marilyn Monroe and Emma Watson. I believe in the goodness of all people even if I write some darker poetry sometimes :) more..