Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Princess' Tale

A Princess' Tale

A Story by Nini H.
"

The tale of a princess who finds herself entangled in the past.

"

The beautiful music slowly drifted outside, music to the ears.  The girl sat behind a golden engraved harp, playing it gracefully with her long, slender fingers.  The strings vibrated, making the sound echo all around the music room.  This girl, a blonde haired beauty, has long-lashed, dark black eyes, a smile that lit up the world, and the air of royalty.  She wore a slim yellow gown that seemed to be as bright as the sun.  She was always cheery and happy and forgave people easily.  However, she didn’t live in a palace; she lived in a regular house, made by her faithful father.  Every day, when the flowers were wet with dew and the frosty morning air was up, this charming girl would run along the bustling creek, discovering and finding happiness in nature.  Because, this girl loved the outdoors, the fresh air, the songbirds singing, the rustle of leaves as she bounced happily in the air.  Her mother, a sensible lady, said her cheeks were pink because of all her mornings spent outdoors in the sunshine.  Even though she was very beautiful, she had no real friends.  Maybe this was because of what and who she was.  She didn’t know of course, that she was…  This girl, always twirling around and rosy-cheeked, wasn’t normal.  She was the princess of a far-away land.  Her story goes something like this.  When she was only a baby, a great fire plagued through the castle, leaving her as the only survivor.  With her cheeks covered with soot, and her hands helpless, she looked pitiful.  A stranger had suddenly stepped out of the darkness of the night and picked her up, carrying her into a caravan of sweet smells.  And then there was the darkness, a calm peaceful darkness that embraced and comforted her.  And when she opened her eyes again, she saw her mother, her adopted mother, carrying some bread and water to her.  She began to cry, she was only a baby, and someone that little that had lost so much could only cry.  She had lost her parents, her home, and her royalty, all in one night.  But she was only a few years old, so she didn’t know; all she knew was that she was going somewhere else that she didn’t know of.  Finally, she arrived at the home, which to her seemed small and out of place compared to the palace she had lived in before.  And that was that, she stayed there and grew up, eventually loving those wonderful people she now called Mother and Father.  But, now that she was getting older, she wanted the truth because whenever she asked, the questions dismissed, changing the subject.  So, she ran away because she had longed to know who she was, where she came from and most of all, what her parents were.  No memory of them was held, she being so little at the time.  She went looking, traveling the lands, learning a lot about the world as traveled.  But she could never find a trace of her parents.  It was like they had never existed in the world, never had her, and never had a life.  And no one knew about the palace she was born, the once place she could call home.  In the last place she visited, only one person knew, a very old woman who lived on the streets and wore dusty rags.  When she saw this girl come down the street, a flicker of memories came upon her forgetful mind.  A fire burning…a great castle falling down… So, the old woman came up to the girl and said a few words, “I know your story.”  The girl was confused, perplexed, astonished that this woman, who seemed to know nothing, would know her story.  But, she did, and she told her.  Her parents had been the king and queen of this town, the one she was in right now, and they had a beautiful baby girl.  This baby girl was herself, of course, and she loved to roam the castle on wobbly legs.  At this time, there was a very brutal war going on, between the invaders and the king and queen.  The invaders wanted to do something to make the king and queen sorry they had even waged war on them, so they did the meanest thing of all.  They set a fire to kill the king and queen and whoever worshipped them.  They killed all of the people so there wouldn’t be any suspects.  The old woman had survived by fleeing to the nearby woods for protection.  She was the only one, besides her, the girl herself.  That was the end, and the girl was shocked that that was why she always had an empty place in her heart.  That place was a place that only someone who knew her past could fill, and now, after hearing the woman’s story, that piece of her heart was filled.  She returned home to her adopted parents now, thinking all the way home about how she would tell them about her life, actual life.  So… she told them the entire story, from the day, that day, to right now and here.  She lived with the memories burning her heart, she hated those invaders right now, but what could she do?  She was only a girl who had a passion for making things right and being on the optimistic side.  She would always dream of a day when her real parents and her were reunited, living on their old life.

© 2012 Nini H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012
Tags: a, princess, tale, past, weird, harp

Author

Nini H.
Nini H.

Tustin, CA



About
Hi! My name is Nini H. I am 13 years old and I love to write creative stories. I have just joined this site, Writing.com, and I would like to read some stories that you guys all have. In addition to .. more..

Writing
The Moon Girl The Moon Girl

A Story by Nini H.