Foggy Secrets

Foggy Secrets

A Poem by Nellie Johnson
"

I'm running through the thickness of 2 A.M.

"
I'm running through the thickness of 2 A.M.Trying to decipher my thoughts from the shadows surrounding me.
6ft under, wondering if anyone knows what I've really been through.
Grab a glass of wine and bring along your most cherished vices.
One day everyone will know that you violated me.The rot of cigarette smoke and monstrous growls.
I always worried about monsters under my bed, Little did I know...
The impact... watching your bones break, flying through the air, blood and glass tangled in my hair.
 I could not breathe.Helicopter blades above my eyes, and terrified cries.
They didn't think I would survive the day,they had no idea that someday I would be trying to live, trying to be okay.
I have learned that sometimes horrible things happen to wonderful people.
99% of the human race seems to treat others like they are disposable.
Nothing is fair, and shocks like lightening will terrorize every atom of me, and every atom of you.
I am a time bomb, constantly hoping for more ways to keep myself from detonating.
Someone always lights the fuse, count the casualties.Take a glance over your shoulder at reality.

You will never want to look back.
Dreaming is the only way to find a pulse.

© 2013 Nellie Johnson


Author's Note

Nellie Johnson
ignore grammar problems, Thank you for taking the time to read <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi... a lot of reliving takes place in our dark... regardless of the times - sometimes you have to treasure your nightmare ...they are all you have.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2013
Last Updated on September 26, 2013
Tags: wine, life, secrets, broken, experiences, time, dreaming

Author

Nellie Johnson
Nellie Johnson

Starbuck, MN



About
"We all have dreams in our heads, words in our mouths, stories in our skin, and ghosts in our hearts.We are little haunted houses, dreaming." Ello, I'm Janelle-but most people call me Nellie .. more..

Writing