"Our July in the Rain"

"Our July in the Rain"

A Story by Beth Kirkland
"

This story is based off the song "Our July in the Rain"

"

I am Ashley; I was seventeen. It was July forth and I was going out with some of my friends and my boyfriend, Josh. Who was supposed to be coming to get me; then we were going to meet Isabella and Sean. They were all seventeen, too.

I got up and got dressed; I’m wearing a pair of shorts and my favorite t-shirt. Just as I was putting on my makeup I heard a honk, so I quickly brushed my hair, rushed down the stairs, grabbing a snack off the table, and ran out the door. I looked right at Josh and we both exchange smiles. I rushed to him and he held me tight and kissed my head. We let go of each other and I got in the passenger side. Around ten minutes later we pulled up at Isabella’s house; Sean was there. They came out and got in the back.

An hour or two later we arrived at the lake we usually went to. We all got out; there were a lot of people. Josh went around back and grabbed something out: a cooler. I looked puzzled, but he didn’t seem to notice because he walked over to an open spot and plopped down. I was close behind him, so I sat beside him. Isabella and Sean sat down in front of us. Josh grabbed a can out of the cooler and opened it, taking a sip. I examined the can closely; it was beer. He got two out and handed Isabella and Sean each one. He got one more out and offered it to me, I shook my head and he put it back. “You’re going to be driving aren’t you?” I asked, looking at Josh. “Yea, this is the only beer I am going to have.” He said, finishing the beer. “So, what are we going to do here?” Isabella said, gesturing around with her half full beer. “We can swim, I guess.” I said

Isabella and Sean decided to stay in our spot. After a while of Josh and me swimming we went back. To them; they were completely drunk, I looked up at the sky; it looked like it was about to storm. I then looked around; everyone was leaving. Within a matter of minutes it was raining. Isabella and Sean ran for the truck with the cooler, but Josh and I stayed there. Josh pulled me close and kissed me gently, holding my hands. After the kiss we slowly walked to the truck. When we got there we hopped in and took off for home. After a few minutes Isabella and Sean had passed out in the back and I was close to passing out. “Go ahead, sleep baby,” Josh said, not looking away from the road. “Okay,” I mumbled, closing my eyes.

Not long after I fell asleep I was awoke by shrieking tires. “What is happening?!” I screamed over the tires, looking at Josh. He looked at me with a shocked expression and mouthed the words, “I love you.” Just as the truck hit a tree and I was flung out.

“JOSH! ISABELLA, SEAN!” I yell, hoping for any type of answer from the vehicle, which is wrapped around a tree. I hear a small moaning coming from the back, on the passenger side. That must be Isabella, she was on my side… I hurried over to the back passenger side to see Isabella there, she had cuts and scrapes all over her, and her head was bleeding. I pulled her out of the vehicle slowly, careful not to hurt her anymore. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to call an ambulance but Isabella looked at me and grabbed my hand. “It’s too late for me… Like it was for Josh and Sean.” She continued, looking at me. “Go, have a life, for all of us. LIVE for us…” She said, shutting her eyes and taking her last breath.

I sat beside her and held on to her, crying, as her heat slowly seeped from her body. I looked at my phone a while later. It’s 12, I should call the cops.. They should know what happened I’ve been out here for no telling how long. I called the cops and told the person everything that happened. They told me to stay on the phone and to keep calm; someone would be there soon.

I am now twenty-five. I have three children; two boys and one girl. The oldest boy is Josh, then is Sean, last is Isabella.  When they are old enough I will tell them the story about their names. 

© 2013 Beth Kirkland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013

Author

Beth Kirkland
Beth Kirkland

AR



About
I write stories for fun, I write about what I like and sometimes what I feel. more..

Writing
"Lights" "Lights"

A Story by Beth Kirkland


Hurt Hurt

A Story by Beth Kirkland


Night Night

A Poem by Beth Kirkland