F A T E

F A T E

A Story by Nisha M.
"

Part 4/? of Stuff I Write on the Bus

"

I have never believed in the idea of soulmates. I do, however, believe in the idea of fate. It is fate which brings two people together. It is fate which decides who sits next to you on the bus. It is fate which decides who bumps into you on that one Friday. It is fate which decides whom you should cross paths with. However, the idea that two people are bound by a mystical force does not sit with me.

 

But then I met you.

 

And that made me realise that the mystical force was within me all the time.

 

Because I had to love myself first before I could find you.

 

For only when I'm whole will I finally stop waiting for a mystical force to bind me to someone else.

 

Fate is only the beginning.


I choose my own ending. 

© 2018 Nisha M.


Author's Note

Nisha M.
This is entirely open to your own interpretation. It could be about loving yourself, it could be about taking action to find your own soulmate - Mine incorporates both!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nisha the way u expressed ur story is beautiful and I too believe the game of fate is really unpredictable...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nisha M.

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind review, Fazil! I am also very intrigued by the concept of fate!
and soulmates do exist and you are able to weave the story beautifully

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 2, 2018
Last Updated on May 2, 2018
Tags: fate, life, love, soulmate, soulmates

Author

Nisha M.
Nisha M.

Singapore



About
My pen name is Nisha. Most of the time, I am inspired to write by putting myself in another person (whether real or a creation of my mind)'s shoes. Sometimes, I write about my feelings. On a whole, I .. more..

Writing
fire fire

A Poem by Nisha M.