FRAGILITY.

FRAGILITY.

A Story by Nisha M.
"

Humans are fragile.

"
Every single human being is unique, so as we are often told. But as unique as we are and may strive to be, perhaps the universal common trait human beings share is fragility. Humans are fragile - As all living things are. We are not made to be void of emotions and are not created to be perfect. We are here to ruin, to build, to forge relationships, to burn bridges, to love, to suffer, to laugh and to be absolutely vulnerable. But surely, human beings dislike being seen and treated as pathetic and puny creatures. So we mask our fears, we place a veil over our insecurities and we hold our heads high as if we have never known the meaning of fragility. We pretend to be made of granite, we let our hearts be entirely cloaked in yesterday’s snow - We tried being against the very thing we were created to be - Human.

But alas, as mighty as the human may claim to be, fragility surely has the upper hand. 

For we were made to be destroyed at the end of time. 

For we were created to say goodbye. 

© 2018 Nisha M.


Author's Note

Nisha M.
Ah haven't been on this site for quite some time! I have been thinking about humans and life and all these days - You know those midnight thoughts. So I figured I'd write something short and raw. Please enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 13, 2018
Last Updated on July 13, 2018
Tags: life, human, humanity, story, short

Author

Nisha M.
Nisha M.

Singapore



About
My pen name is Nisha. Most of the time, I am inspired to write by putting myself in another person (whether real or a creation of my mind)'s shoes. Sometimes, I write about my feelings. On a whole, I .. more..

Writing
fire fire

A Poem by Nisha M.