Hungry

Hungry

A Poem by Ell(i)e

So listen. 
You're trying not to feel used like one of the plastic tampon applicators you throw away without thinking about the environmental side effects. Instead, more so of that condom that's been at the bottom of your bag since you took one from that bowl last time you went to the clinic. Talk about old. 
You're trying to bounce when you step, smile, and not slouch. But really smile, filling your cheeks with a slow burning ache. Shoulders back, neck elongated with your chin up to hide the side effects your period has on your face. Everyone says you look the same, but you swear you're bloated. 
Escaping into the bathroom, noting the time to take the right amount of it. Running through the sniff test. Mentally kicking yourself for stress sweat being a part of your personal charm. Glancing in the mirror, but not for too long because a woman is drying her hands. You can't even look at yourself without feeling guilty. 
Dinner goes by so quickly, you barely realize that you're now making out in his car. His car, really? What can you say, you're being used for your mouth, all things physical. Oh but don't worry, it's not like he was actually listening to your recap of your favorite books, favorite movies, favorite. 
In fact, he is only strictly really interested in your mouth, all things physical. The way his moans vibrate against your lips while you bite, tease, pull. The sound of his satisfaction tells you you're doing it right. Your body goes through the motions, performing the technicalities, while mentally checking out. Your thoughts turn to his facial hair, how it's perfectly trimmed and not too rough against your skin. Then to his lips that are full and currently busy trailing along your neck. His sturdy hands making their way under your shirt. 
He's just hungry and with your C cups, full thighs, round a*s, and small enough waist you satisfy. It helps that you're different from all the other girls, he convinces you. You cling on to his approval, his praise, his offerings because that's why you're here. You tell yourself that you're okay with being used, because in all truth, you're using him too. What's more damaging? Your emotional starvation or his sexual frustration? 

© 2017 Ell(i)e


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So many strong emotional lines in this piece. Transports me back to a time in my 20s when I left the love of my life and was so miserable, I took on a friend with benefits just not to be alone.

The things we do sometimes just to get through being hurt or lonely.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ell(i)e

6 Years Ago

Exactly what I was trying to convey! The desperation on both ends can be toxic. Thanks for the read .. read more
Poetic Beauty

6 Years Ago

You are welcome. It was great work



Reviews

So many strong emotional lines in this piece. Transports me back to a time in my 20s when I left the love of my life and was so miserable, I took on a friend with benefits just not to be alone.

The things we do sometimes just to get through being hurt or lonely.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ell(i)e

6 Years Ago

Exactly what I was trying to convey! The desperation on both ends can be toxic. Thanks for the read .. read more
Poetic Beauty

6 Years Ago

You are welcome. It was great work

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2017
Last Updated on July 5, 2017

Author

Ell(i)e
Ell(i)e

Los Angeles/Chicago , CA



About
I'm on here to motivate myself to write more. more..

Writing
How Lovely How Lovely

A Poem by Ell(i)e


Anxiety Anxiety

A Poem by Ell(i)e