Dark Desires

Dark Desires

A Story by Eternal Phoenix
"

Not all wood elves follow the right path - Trysha is a great example of that. Betrayal, hatred and murder - you've got all of that in a nut shell

"

The Celtic elf sprinted through the dark Forbidden Forest to the wondrous Sparkling Brook. She was to meet a Night Elf there, and although she cringed and shook with fear and anger to the thought of her darker cousins, she was determined. So over whelming was this urge, which tugged at the back of her mind, that she was pushed to her limits, by entering the Forest with out a guide, and seeking one of the creatures that were highly forbidden to seek.

As she reached the Brook, she saw no one, only the lonesome shadows that crept over the forest floor and the frightening Apple Trees with their bark slowly sliding off their trunks as though they were shedding a piece of clothing. Trysha's long elven ears perked up and tilted slightly towards each direction, listening for the sound of footsteps, which might indicate the Night Elf's presence.

Just when the maiden settled down into her surroundings, and she reclined comfortably next to the Brook and the Trees, a looming darkness, which came forth from the shadows of the Trees, took form. It changed slowly, becoming solid, no longer a hazy transparent shade of the deep, eerie gray mist. Although this form seemed awkwardly different, it still had the same aspects of her kin, though it carried the common trademarks of the long white hair, gray skin, and ice blue eyes, naming him a Night Elf.

Tingling sensations which made her shiver streamed down her back, allowing her to make a small gasp as she looked at the Night Elf, her brows furrowing and her face tensing. Her mouth fowled into a bitterness enough make her drink the poisonous waters of the Brook. Her heart raced even faster, and her complexion paled, but that was hardly noticeable, for the moon's light already made her seem a ghostly figure among the dead.

"Well, well… You must be Trysha Elvenwood. A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure," rich tones came from that perfectly shaped mouth, sending yet another shiver down her own spine, "I am known as Regnum Nightfall, Supreme Magi of the Night Elves." Regnum watched the Celtic elf gape, her mouth opening and closing and he relished in this, a sensation of pure power rushing over his mind and body.

Trysha let out a deep breath, one of which she found herself holding and wanted to shake her head with eagerness. I'm not going to be able to so this, but I must... I just simply must…The words raced through her mind like a speeding car. She took another deep breath, let it out slowly, raised her body so she looked more confident than the cowering little figure she once was and spoke clearly, defining her needs, "Yes, I am known as the Trysha Elvenwood you speak of, but I have not come here for petty introductions which should be made between near acquaintances or friendly gatherings. No, instead I am here for a favor I was told you could do for me by an unknown source."

"Depends on the favor you wish for me to do," the Night Elf's shoulders raised up just slightly as he leaned against one of the Trees with out fear. The branches twitched awkwardly to his presence, almost as if they wanted him gone and then they stopped, for they finally seemed at ease with his presence once more. The mere thought of knowing why they were at ease with such a creature, nagged at the back of Trysha's mind, tugging and pulling her, as if a small child were trying to rip out her lush, blond hair, but she forced herself to concentrate on the conversation at hand, her eyes becoming as hard as stone and her body rigid and back-board straight. The conversation was, as always, crucial to her greedy needs.

"I want all of the Elvenwoods dead, so I may gain their power and head of all the houses. There’s a hefty amount of gold coin involved if you are able to do this… If not, I'll find another Night Elf, or even a Dragon Prayer if you are not capable for the task," her voice, shockingly, was strong, confident and controlled, like she new what she want and got it no matter the cost. This was something she was able to pick up from her pathetic father and mother when they handled business matters of their own. Even as she spoke, she knew she won, for no man with an ego as large as the one before her, would allow a simple female to control his actions.

Regnum smiled, showing pearly, straight white teeth and nodded his head in agreement, the long locks of white hair falling over his shoulder with ease, "Well now, I can help with that, though I need more information on WHY you wish to gain your relatives power and houses. Also, so long as I get my gold, than you have nothing to fear from me." The Night Elf moved away from the Tree’s covering and the Forest's undergrowth with a swift pace, and walked over to the Sparkling Brook, easily avoiding the haunting song it sang to lure the innocent into drinking the deadly waters. Regnum dug deep into his pockets afterwards and pulled out a small glass bottle, one of which was foggy and unclear to look through. He uncorked the bottle with his spindly fingers, and placed the container into the water, watching it as the liquid seeped into the opening. When it was full, he lifted it out, watching the access water drip down the sides, and trickling in little rows to the Forest floor. He re-corked the bottle and held it out for Trysha to grab, "Before I allow you to take this, I want you to be very careful with it and make sure you don’t drink any of it." He tapped his foot, the rhythmic motion of the foot making a quiet tap, tap tap, and waited silently for a moment or more, studying her plain face with silent fear in her eyes, "Pour all of this within a punch bowl or canteen, and make sure every family member drinks the contents. It’s best to do this when you have a family get together, or what not..."

Trysha's smile was enough to kill. Her left eyebrow raised and her eyes glazed over with a glossy outcome. She reached over and took the bottle with a swift motion of her flickering hand, "No problem about that. My parents are putting on family get together tomorrow. This morning, I had to stay upstairs, because they sickened me," she sighed, letting out a breath with once again she had held, and spun slightly, "And to answer your question as to why, well, lets just say I have an uncanny urge for power and supreme authority, and because I despise the goodness and holiness my parent's and relatives' possess, just as much as I despise you and your kind."

The Night Elf listened to her ramble on, wanting to mimic her by making his hands opening and closing as if it talked, but he took to heart with what she said at the very end. He left only when she finished talking, vanishing into the Trees' shadows, becoming a hazy mist once more.

She watched Regnum with an indescribable feeling of relief, her rigid back relaxing and the tension easing as she felt herself breath normally once more. Then she dashed out of the Forest, her plot thickening by the moment. Time ticked by faster and faster, tick, tick, tick... the soft rhythm could be heard in her padded footsteps as a wicked smile played on her lips.

Please No Javascript 1

© 2008 Eternal Phoenix


Author's Note

Eternal Phoenix
Pleasant comments welcomed, though no real critiquing necs. This was submitted for my Creative Writing class in highschool my junior yr (already got graded on it [got an A!])

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

so cool story.. :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


It was enjoyable ... I'm glad you got an A for it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2008

Author

Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix

ME



About
So, whenever I come across these things that I have to fill out about ME.. I just can't think about anything. I mean, I'm just your ordinary 21 yr. old chick, whose trying to make an awesome career ch.. more..

Writing