Peaches

Peaches

A Story by noeo96
"

A vivid story of a time I first rode a horse on my own.

"
As I breathed in the crisp fall air, my lungs burned with excitement and intensity. Peaches was ready for me and I was ready for her. Before I got on, I stared into the eyes of this beautiful mammal. I peered into her soul. I knew we were both ready. I knew that today I was ready to ride on my own. Although I was not terrified of horses, there was still a very large amount of fear in my mind. 
Peaches' owner Kayla looked at me and knew that I was very nervous. She was reassuring and patient, willing to do anything to ease my mind. I took a deep breathe and swung one leg over the saddle and brought my feet up into the stirrups . I sat up tall with a great measure of dignity and pride. Kayla attached the lead-rope to Peaches' halter. I grabbed hold of the reigns and held tight as we walked in a circle. Kayla understood everything about Peaches. She knew Peaches was slightly more temperamental that afternoon, but she reassured me that she had complete trust in her kind horse. She led us around in the pen a few times. Kayla refreshed me on how to make her stop and go and how to make her turn.
I posed for a picture and without me noticing, Kayla unhooked the lead rope. I didn't notice 'til I looked up and saw her standing there alone. I looked back down at peaches. She granted me such a large measure of peace and serenity. Being seated upon such a pretty mammal made me feel important. As I signaled for her to begin walking, I realized everything was going to be alright. I felt her back hips move gracefully with every step she took. I heard her tale swish back and forth to the rhythm of her perfect strides. 
I enjoyed that beautiful afternoon so much. Kayla really helped me to develop a love of horses. But I really owe my gratitude to Peaches. She knew what she was doing and helped me feel safe. I know that Peaches a perfectly, beautiful animal with the heart and soul of a champion. 

© 2013 noeo96


Author's Note

noeo96
Sorry this is kinds "cheesy"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not cheesy at all. Great use of description, you really paint a picture with words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


noeo96

11 Years Ago

thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013

Author

noeo96
noeo96

Writing
Parents Parents

A Poem by noeo96


My Friend My Friend

A Poem by noeo96