the sleeping Libertine

the sleeping Libertine

A Poem by nothing grinner

I'm Seen to ware the cloths of yesterday, fashion now picks me out from the best, a deviant, a libertine!

Cast to them hollow buildings ware only the embarrassments are seen, and are the sean.

Cloth here, Rags!

A necessity, no ornimental elegance necessary, but a pleaser to be some distraction from the filth that gathers upon what can't be washed so regularly, as one would like.

Now i reflect upon my own pomposity, to have been of wealth, and that I took for granted!

Now I see new perspectives, the truth of trivialities and what it is that dos mater to one man or woman.

Comfort surly, security and belonging.

We can live without, but not without our greed and that's the pity, cause now i stand richer for having less, cause I can see in to the structures of masquerades and hypocrisies that I once held dear to my heart.

Now I will bow to no King nor Queen, no establishment as I understand them clean, all but folly and despicable beings.

So, do I remain the degenerate?

Or, do I step up and return back to that platform, those rules and established etiquettes?

If only to selfishly save my self from a worse fate!

To move with the traffic of thier hollow principles and I die in comfort, like all the other fools.

Or could I whisper revolution to all of them that feel like a shadow to the system that recognises them not?

How many would waste the breath?

How many?

How?

 

 

© 2008 nothing grinner


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

s**t

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting concept. some words are misspelled but i do not let that detere me from enjoying it. i see great things on the horizon for you.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2008

Author

nothing grinner
nothing grinner

Hull, England, England



About
i'm a student illustrator in my second year at university. i studied at the hull school of art and design. i like to write poems, lyrics and short stories as well as my painting and drawing. i love mu.. more..

Writing