Mental illness

Mental illness

A Poem by Nourhane

People usually take mental illness lightly because their imagination is not so wide and cannot reach the extent of how much it hurts. They will most likely think it's something similar to sadness, because they haven't gone through it, and that's fine. If they understand and are well aware of it and how serious it is, they have gone through some sort of it or have read about it. It's like a broken leg or arm. If you've never broken a leg or arm before, you will most probably sympathize with someone who has broken their leg, because the pain is right there in front of your eyes, but you don't know how the process of pain works, how it gets worse or better, because you haven't tried it. Same goes for mental and psychological suffering, not everyone has gone through the thing, and as a result, they don't think it's as dangerous.

© 2016 Nourhane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a painful truth. Mental illness is one of the worst-kept secrets globally, almost to where no one wants to speak of it, or even acknowledge it in some instances. Awareness is key, and if it's something that you personally deal with, I hope you find light in the way of your troubles. Bless. x :)

- Fine piece, by the way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is very true! I have a daughter who suffers with tourette syndrome and have witnessed how hard it can be on her....but I have never had it myself so can I or anyone else truly understand how it feels? Very good food for thought :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nourhane

8 Years Ago

Thank you, though I hope your daughter is feeling better now, I don't know exactly what is is either.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016

Author

Nourhane
Nourhane

Cairo, Egypt



About
I found myself in words i can't speak but can write. I believe one can master the art of words, if only the art of words couldn't master him. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nourhane


Cold Summer Cold Summer

A Book by Nourhane