All Too Well-Taylor Swift

All Too Well-Taylor Swift

A Story by November Wilson
"

This is another short story inspired by the first words of a song. I'm not sure why I like writing these short stories so much, but I do.

"

     I walked through the door with you, and everyone turned to stare at the town's biggest flaw. Who would think that two fifteen-year old girls could ruin the reputation of an entire town? Well, we did. It was completely unintentional, but not everyone knows that. You and I were just two girls looking to have a good time. We weren't malicious...until they made us that way. Sara Barnes was the one who wanted to play a game with us in the first place. We didn't think anything could go wrong with a simple game of Truth or Dare. Boy were we stupid. Things couldn't have gone worse. When we told Sara to jump into the lake and get a rock from the bottom, we didn't think anything would happen. None of it seemed like a big deal. Nothing seemed to be anything but just fun and games. Until Sara never came back up. We thought maybe she just swam to a dock and went home. But when we found out the next day that her parents didn't know where she was, you and I panicked. We would never think to believe the reality we'd later find out.

     Sara's body had been found on the shore of the lake by a father fishing with his son. The cause of death was not drowning. It was blunt trauma to the head. Done by a metal baseball bat. She was murdered. But how could this happen if we just dared her to jump into the lake? Did she begin to swim to shore and a stranger saw her and killed her? Had someone been watching us the entire time, followed her, and killed her? Everyone thinks it was us who killed her. It's always easiest to just blame the last people that saw her, but you and I didn't do it. And now as we sit here facing the jury, we know what we must do. Lie.

© 2014 November Wilson


Author's Note

November Wilson
Thought this was quite clever and reminded me of Sara Shepard (author of the Pretty Little Liars Series). I thought, if lengthened, it would make a nice prologue to a book. It seems that many of the short stories I write, I feel this way about. So, tell me what you think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014
Tags: Taylor Swift, All Too Well, Red