Heart in a Jar

Heart in a Jar

A Poem by nastassia
"

for your interpretation

"
The red in her eyes, waiting for any sign at all. Tears flow down her cheeks as the cold bitter wind slaps her face. Pouring rain begins. Quick shiver down her spine as she looks far in the distance. Realizing this is all she has, waiting for the changes to happen. It's been days, weeks, months, years; when will she make that move that can change the trajectory in her life moving forward. She wonders what this is, this empty feeling. This void that needs to be filled. Her head spinning, and her heart heavy. She has been waiting all of her life for the happiness, and done with crawling on the broken glass that leads to no where. How did she get here, as she's realizing she is not the kinda girl she thought she was. She was someone else this entire time and IT had a hold on her this whole time, and it took her whole life to realize this. The painful, stark slap in the face.

Inside she is slowly dying, and has no idea where to go or who to confide in. Still no sign or end in sight. The traffic in her head is so noisy, and not knowing how to stop the sounds. She sees the grass is greener on the other side, but she was wrong so many times before. She has been neglected, broken hearted, tossed aside like garbage. No meaning in her life for a long time. The rain and cold hides her crying-no one can hear her and no one will. 

A simple gesture could've gone such a long a way. She is all cried out over feeling so sorry for herself. She realizes how much of a fool she was, and as she steps inside to this desolate place, she spots her heart collected in a jar. Right where it belongs. She has no use for it. Can she begin opening up again? The very thought of it is terrifying, her hairs on her neck raise a little bit. 

The red in her eyes, waiting for any sign at all. The distance, and background fades to nothingness. 

© 2023 nastassia


Author's Note

nastassia
Would appreciate your honest opinion. open to all feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on June 27, 2023
Last Updated on June 27, 2023

Author

nastassia
nastassia

Winter springs , FL



About
I am a woman in my mid 30s, and growing up Ive always enjoyed reading and writing. I havent wrote in a while, but now im starting up again. i used to have notebooks and notebooks of stories and poems,.. more..

Writing
Alone.... Alone....

A Poem by nastassia


Hope Lives Hope Lives

A Poem by nastassia