Uneasy

Uneasy

A Story by nukamichianpaux
"

Kyle was born into a violent family, and has to take up some of the horrific duties.

"

 It's not that I didn't want to, I just wasn't trained enough. Honestly, I was a little nervous.

        Dexter hit the lights. The raging red carpet instantly became a tame burgundy. The bright yellow walls became golden. He headed over to the oak desk. His hand pulled on the rustic knob, opening the drawer. His hand's swayed over a surface in the drawer before lifting a cherry wood box, rich in engraved details. He set it on the glass table in front of me.
        "Now." He bagan, his voice a little croaky. He cleared it. "This, is a very, very, important task. I understand you're an ametuer, and I apologize for the lack of compliance on your behalf. It is indeed complimentary, however. At this state, of course, --He pulls out a slick, black '22.-- "anything is completely necessary." He spoke slowly. "You're only only option, Kyle. Seeing as you're the future cheif."
        I hesitated, mesmorized by the murderous tool in Dexter's palms.
        "Take it, bro. You know what you are." My gaze met his, and he became very serious.
        "You know what you do."
        I simply nodded.

        "Fourth Street, Grand Temple Hotel, fourth floor, room 488. There is a blue tag on the door knob. Confiscate it and return it to me, immediately. Before you do so, though, Rek has a package for you in the lobby, in the most southern corner. The key is to get that tag to me as quick as possible, as well as the package. Okay?"
        "Okay." I said solemnly.
        He dropped me off on the sidewalk, on Quaterskate Street, just a few blocks from Grand Temple. The weather was freezing. I slid my heands into my black leather coat and began walking through the frosty air.
        The cozy warm atmosphere enveloped me the moment I stepped through the golden automatic doors. I glanced around the elegant lobby. There were a few people lounging around. I remembered my task, and immediately headed towards the elevator.
        I struggled to remember the other details. Fourth floor, room 448? Or was it 488? I think it was 488. If not, I can just look around for a blue tag.
        Room 488 was at the very end of the hall. Sure enough, there was a dark blue tag shaped like a rounded rectangle hanging on the knob. I snatched it and walked swiftly back to the elevator.
        Back to the lobby. Back to the most southern corner. Rek stood there solemnly dressed in an all black suit. Once he saw me coming, he nodded in my direction, handed me and orange envelope, and then crossed his hands again, letting his arms hang down. He reminded me of a secret service agent. I smiled to myself a bit while I turned around and headed out the door.
        I didn't know if I should wait outside the door, of if I should walk back down to Quarterskate. I decided it might be a better idea to walk.
        There he was, in the barely noticable black Lexus. I slid into the passenger's seat and handed him the package along with the tag. He grabbed a metal suitcase from the backseat and locked both of them in there before sliding it under his seat.
        "Good job." He said to me. "Next, we're going to Robin's Auto in Sputterville."
        Oh god. I thought. Sputterville was the worse part of town. It was dirty, filled with crackheads and homeless people, and it had the highest crime rating in all of our state.
        "You are to..."--He started the car and began driving--"...enter the shop and ask for Calvin. Make sure you are in his office. Tell him you'd like to talk, y'know? Pretend you're a customer. He doesn't know who you're working for. Even though you're unexpirenced with the gun, shoot him. Walk out quickly. I'll be waiting for you in front of the shop. Jump in. You must be very quick. While you're inside, I'll be removing the license plate. Got it?"
        I gulped. I'd never killed anyone. I'd never even seen anyone die. I was barely a junior. I tried to pull myself together and be courageous. It didn't work.
        "Do you understand, Kyle?" He became very stern.
        "Yeah." My voice began to break. Dexter looked at me suspiciously.
        "It doesn't matter anyway. You're our only hope." He mumbled.I thought, and finally asked.
        "Why can't you do this? You've got more experience than me." I rubbed the gun on the inside pocket of my jacket with my index finger. It was freezing.
        "No questions." He said quietly. I sighed. I guess I had no choice. Being Ben's brother had plenty of advantages against this gang life. Most of this s**t I didn't want to do. I just wasn't this type of person but my family had always been this way. So I was falsly "destined" to be a part of this gang. But even being Ben's brother couldn't help me now, when I needed it most.
        While I'd been rambling in my head, I stared out the window aimlessly, playing with my hair.

© 2009 nukamichianpaux


Author's Note

nukamichianpaux
Ignore grammar if necessary.
I may continue writing, if anyone is interested.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2009
Last Updated on September 13, 2009

Author

nukamichianpaux
nukamichianpaux

Sumter, SC



About
I am mediocre at a lot of things, but never exceptionally good at anything. Writing is a good example of something I'm okay at. But I hope, nevertheless, that you enjoy these little scribblins. Str.. more..

Writing