Testimony

Testimony

A Story by numatias
"

Is a testimony of my time in New York Jazz Academy

"

My testimony about NYJA(NEW YORK JAZZ ACADEMY)


The year was 2013 ,it was my first(not last) time in NYJA and actually my first time in New York too. I had just turned 21 years old , so naturally ,as a music addict ,I had to get to the city where jazz flourished and became what it is now,so I flew all the way from Chile directly to the Big City just to hear and play the music that I was looking for all my life.


My experience with NYJA was personally one of a kind , I just immediately fell in love with the sounds that came out of the rooms of that ancient church where the academy is located.
The acoustics of the main room , where the priest used to give his sermons, is just fascinating , something that not even the best studios with the best engineers can translate to a classic album to this day.


My experience as a musician was super intense as it was rewarding.
I actually felt like I was in a movie , I just could not believe that I was playing every day for a whole

week with so talented players and good educators in the Big Apple.
As a jazz drummer , things can get pretty hard to handle from time to time ,but with the experience and knowledge of the other players and mentors , I always managed to pull it off, and by the end of the session I just felt blessed.


I wanna end this testimony by saying that NYJA is one of the few places in the world that actually knows what music means , they know that music is not fame and money ,is not something that you fit in some category created by journalists, and definetly is not letting other people tell you what is right or wrong,they know that music is actually a set of parts that can create emotion that allows the player and the audience to feel some kind of mood that brings life to their lives. 

© 2015 numatias


Author's Note

numatias
Just a short testimony about this experience , i wanna know if its well written.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on December 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015
Tags: jazz, music, death

Author

numatias
numatias

Santiago, Santiago, Chile



About
Writter more..