The End.

The End.

A Poem by Chewing Wildflowers

Labored breathing growing softer in her ear,
Mother Nature can no longer thrive here,
Battered lands to which blame is only our own,
She sheds one last tear and life turns to stone.

© 2017 Chewing Wildflowers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really actually love this! It's short but so powerful. I like the idea and the flow and feel as I read this. I like your word choices, you've picked appropriately powerful descriptive words so you can keep it short but still display a strong image. I particularly like the 'battered' and 'sheds' word choices. This is great! More like this!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chewing Wildflowers

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! Your positivity means a lot!😊😊



Reviews

wow wow wow
thanks for this profound piece and entering into 5 lines and under with meaning comp
goodluck this is wonderful

Posted 5 Years Ago


You behold such power. This is eco-poetry at its finest!
I can feel the gentle dim on her (natures) breathing - much like you - and I wonder when those around us will realise the damage they are inflicting upon something that was once a place of beauty. Unfortunately, those who have power in any situation will often use it to benefit themselves... in this case, it is our planet that must suffer. I am glad that you can also hear it, even if her plea is fading.

Thank you for this :)

Eliza

Posted 5 Years Ago


As i said in other posts sometimes less is more! Great topic short and to the point good choice of words sadly this wont fall on the necessary ears until perhaps all is gone and it can no longer be tolerated....good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Important write. And rhyming makes it more sincere too. We are losing our mother earth, and the tragedy is that we aren't doing much to save her despite knowing that she's dying.

It won't be too far away when your last line will become true...

Very well written, specially keeping a rhyming pattern...

Posted 6 Years Ago


that was very powerful in a short form!!!!amazing job!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chewing Wildflowers

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much!😁
Justin

6 Years Ago

your welcome sometimes are short writings get the point across!!!! if u get a chance would you pleas.. read more
I really actually love this! It's short but so powerful. I like the idea and the flow and feel as I read this. I like your word choices, you've picked appropriately powerful descriptive words so you can keep it short but still display a strong image. I particularly like the 'battered' and 'sheds' word choices. This is great! More like this!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chewing Wildflowers

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! Your positivity means a lot!😊😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..