Spiritual Sight Metaphorical Blindness

Spiritual Sight Metaphorical Blindness

A Story by Nya Earl
"

An explanation to the phenomenon of childbirth trauma in a universe.

"

What if we could learn the secrets of the universe: if other forms of life exist or if God is real or if we're special and the universe has plans for us? These are all questions passed down generation after generation but on planet Thaymarr, the answer to these questions isn't such a secret. But perhaps such a grand secret isn't meant to be known by all the world; perhaps there's a reason why the trauma of childbirth erases these secrets from the minds of newborns. To quote A Few Good Men, maybe humanity "can't handle the truth".

Or so it'd seem to ME, but what does my opinion matter? 

I'm just a kid locked up in an insane asylum. Hell, I wonder if I'll even be able to see the light of day again. Social media praises these asylums as if they're so fun, but in reality, I wish I could've kept my mouth shut and lived an outwardly normal life even though I possess knowledge that the average person my age doesn't. It's funny how the question of the human experience is something on everyone's mind but--

 

"Ready for your vitals, hon? I'll be back with your 'happy pills' as well" 

 

Ugh. These nurses and their interruptions to my stream of consciousness is so aggravating. Don't they know that I have an inner monologue to discuss within myself? I forgot what I was even saying, something about humans not wanting to hear the truth? Yes, I think that was it. "Ow". I hate needles; everyone shames kids for kicking and screaming when getting needles into 'em but in all honesty? I can relate. Being in here makes me want to kick and scream and get these nurses off of me. Anyway, while she's gone, I figured I'd share some secrets of the universe with you: ##### #### #### ######### ## # ######. ########## ## # ####. ### #### ### #####. # #### ####. #### ### ######. # #### ## ### ### ## ### #######. And that's all my mind feels like digging up. I could just list off everything but what kind of fun would that be? I've already done that on social media even if that was at my own detriment. It's funny how the FBI just monitors us through our phones and our computers 24/7; I actually find it kind of cool how quickly they were able to track me down and send me here after making that post. They deleted the post quickly even though it started trending all over the internet, probably the dark web too. According to the Fed, I was "putting all of humanity in danger" with my "harmful and incorrect" rhetoric. I just find this ironic since they don't mute politicians who show their asses on social media or quacks who create mass hysteria saying that vaccines put tracking chips into people. But no, the second I try to, what's the word? Enlighten, perhaps? Yeah, that's good enough. The second I tried to "enlighten" the public with Ultimate Knowledge of our existence, I'm suddenly the bad guy. God, some world we live in. 

Either way, I'm tired of thinking. The nurse is probably going to come in soon with my meds, so I'll be high as a kite. Too high to continue my monologue...

 

"Wake up, love, it's time to take your pills"

 

Mhm, back to sleep, no thoughts. Shhh. 

 

*feeling as though I'm falling even though I'm definitely not* 

 

Must be one of those lucid dreams where I'm falling and open my eyes to see myself in bed. Screw this, I'm not even going to open my eyes. I'm going back to sleep. 

 

Sweetheart, we're just doing what's best for you. You got into a ton of trouble with the FBI and we know you're not crazy. We just want to see you get better. 

Wait, who's "we"? Mom, you're the only one in my life? This must be a dream. 

Mom, I understand that, but why would I even consent to being sent to an asylum when I'm already fine? Jeesh, it was just some stupid post and I see that now. It won't happen again. 

 

No, you're right it won't, because I'll make sure that it never happens again. I'm sending you to the asylum and that's final. 

I can't believe this; I'm 17 and still don't have control of my life...Why can't I just say "I'm sorry, it was all a joke" and move on with my life? It's not a felony to lie on the internet, right? Why am I being sent to the asylum to face the death penalty when I'm not even 18? What would've happen if I had sent the post next year? I would've been shot in the head? Taken out by the CIA? 

"Kid's starting to stir. Let's speed this up"

"Yes, ma'am" 

I'm just going to go to my room, mom. Maybe when I wake up, I'll realize that none of this ever happened. Yes, sleep. 

But I'm already asleep? God, these nightmares are awful. I guess it's time to wakeup. Hope the nurse gives me some real food this time, not just some grits and toast. Gah, what am I? 50? 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. Time to get to work". 

 

"Work? Wh---. I swear, if this is the work of the FBI, I'm sorry about the post, it won't happen again. Please, I know that I'm almost 18 but please don't kill me through child labor!" 

 

"Richard Wright, by work, I mean telling us everything you know about the universe."

 

 

Wright trembled from this vision. It gave them the chills, to see a branch of their own future or rather what could've been a future. "It's not fair" and "Who can I seek to rid myself of this burden?" were two thoughts that wright had questioning their further action. Either way, it didn't really matter. However the chips were to fall they'd fall; sometimes destiny finds you and not the other way around. "But does one really have a destiny if one can see the future?"

 

……..

 

They went back to sleep, figuring out their next move. What they did know was that there was a group of others like them and before the group found Wright, Wright wanted to find them first. At just 16, Wright was waking in a world that most adults wouldn't have the balls to withstand.

 

© 2021 Nya Earl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on June 29, 2021
Last Updated on June 29, 2021
Tags: birth, magic, scifi, fiction, fantasy, humor, mental illness

Author

Nya Earl
Nya Earl

About
I'm an artist. For the most part I'm involved in 2D illustration and 3D rendering, sculpting and animation. However, I enjoy writing short stories, poems, fanfics [ ;) ] and long backstories for my or.. more..