ap lit essay

ap lit essay

A Poem by Nyx
"

the question was - explain why you want to take ap englis lit and why you should be bexcepted into the class.

"

 

When I was in grade school I read a book, called Coraline, by Neil Gaiman. This book wasn’t expensive in fact it was ninety-eight cents and from a book order. I had to beg my mom for a dime just so I could get it. But this little one hundred and sixty-two paged book is part of the reason I love literature.

The plot though simple is reminiscent of Alice In Wonderland. But it showed me a whole new world where doors that open on brick walls aren’t always what they seem and, that the most unlikely people might turn out to be friends. It showed me a place where anything is possible, a place away from all my troubles in school, and my parent’s fights. It was a quiet place that was give an outline by a story but was for the most part completely my own. Literature is my solace the place where I can get lost and feel as the main charter feels, or hate as the villain hates. For me literature is so very much more than written word, it’s life.

I plan to be a double major in English literature and creative writing. I want to write my own stories, and be a teacher so I can share my love for reading and writing with students so maybe I can give them a simple joy in a crazy ever changing world. And I believe that AP literature is one step closer to that goal.

I ultimately want a challenge, in a class that I love. Very rarely am I challenged in a literature class. I want it so bad. I want to learn more, and to write better, and read books that I never in million years would ever pick up. For example the Giver by Lois Lowery I had a literature teacher that pushed me to read different things so much that one day she handed me this book and said read this one. And now it’s one of my all time favorites. Never since her have I had a teacher that pushed me so hard and believed so much that I would have a career in literature be it a teacher or writer ect. .

So please, please, please give me the chance to get closer to my goal and to be challenged, in a subject that is so dear to me.

 

© 2008 Nyx


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love books by Neil Gaiman. I have read tons of his books and even wrote a book review of his 'Sandman'. You can read some of my essays related to his English novels at http://www.researchomatic.com/essays.html

Posted 10 Years Ago


i love that book it was so crazy :].

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 6, 2008

Author

Nyx
Nyx

ST.LOUIS, MO



About
Hi im lindsey i love to write stories essays and journalistic pieces. wrote for louie magazine in stl. and i have had poems published on poetry daily . but thats about it i write about everything life.. more..

Writing
only one only one

A Poem by Nyx


my drug my drug

A Poem by Nyx