Taking Pieces From Tomorrow

Taking Pieces From Tomorrow

A Poem by Gaige

He took to his endeavor with heart, his world was falling to pieces like a thousand sparkling drops of rain.
A song unsung as the spider web in his brain began unwinding.
Being himself was driving the poor misguided lad insane.
Echoes in the halls, crimes transpired by phantoms in soul both large and small.
What could this playground titan do? His home composed of a dingy cell. School an asylum content in destroying his will.
Cursing the red that his blood held within his veins. Being himself was all he could attempt to do.
The music playing in his ears, no one knows this scared song that makes him feel so brave.
Is cowardice running away?
Cold fear, and apathy evolved into rage only took him 14 years to put his fist to the wall.
Good or bad it didn't matter. The result wasn't the conclusion; everything hung on taking this stand.
Reproach for not being enough; he wasn't the perfect son, he wasn't the perfect student, he wasn't the perfect friend.
He'd be himself because that's all this fragile boy could do, and to preserve his choice he chose the noose.
He'd run away to look for the end of time; for a way to change his night into day.
If I want to forget does that make me afraid.
Yeah, I'm a spectacular failure, I couldn't even take a step into my grave.
My fondest lessons are from my incalculable failures, they've made this stoic warrior poet who he is today.
I put my fist to the wall, my courage makes me unafraid
Facing my life sentence with each arriving tomorrow I'm strong enough to keep convicting myself to one more day.

© 2011 Gaige


Author's Note

Gaige
Haha damn, don't know if anyone will like this. It's quite different from my usual stuff. It came from the heart though, and that's all that will ever matter. :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this alot alot, I felt emotion. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful, you wrote this so well. Nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Just...wow. It's very good, and shows a perfect insight of what the character's feeling.

Posted 12 Years Ago


that is really a great piece i loved it
and keep going great

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it! Its really good!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011

Author

Gaige
Gaige

Folsom, CA



Writing
Weak and Human Weak and Human

A Poem by Gaige


Relentless Relentless

A Poem by Gaige