Air

Air

A Poem by Oceana
"

There's too many maybes in love

"
Maybe
If I breathe deep enough when I'm around you
I'll have enough of your air
I won't quite lose you
     
   When you go

© 2013 Oceana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The whole romance you've blown to his way... in words. Very strong and positive beam of love you've lightened up in your heart that's, of course, craved to quench the thirst of cupidity without stupidity. Beautiful true poetry on love you've come up with! Enjoyed it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I don't think love has many maybes. not real love. Still, this poem is a testament to that longing, that desire to be coupled up and the fear of losing. Nicely done. I like succinct poetry and you do it well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's poems like these that make me realize that not every poem has to be long to convey a message and mean something. This is very greatly written, I like your choice of words and I love the point behind it.
The simpleness of this short poem is amazing.

Great job, keep up the work!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel like you are holding yourself back from really letting yourself feel for this person with the words, 'around you' over by themselves. You are afraid because you know (think?!) they will go anyway. I like the layout of this, Oceana.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the concepts at play here....thinking you can actually possess a persons essence, while admitting that losing them is a forgone conclusion.

And maybe I can take of you, that what you leave with me becomes greater than actually having you with me. I find promise, like part of losing you will make a better me. Maybe.

Devilishly thought provoking in its simplicity. I really enjoyed.
CM

Posted 11 Years Ago


perfectly said...and i love that one line where it is...

like being around you is great, but there is this certain distance...you keep me at arms' length...or maybe i keep myself that way, so the intervals between being together won't seem quite as long.

love this.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 19, 2013

Author

Oceana
Oceana

Not Quite Boston



About
the documents on my computer are equal parts essays on the middle east and never-quite finished nonsensical stories. i would like to say i have a zeal for life but my caffeine addiction must first .. more..

Writing
For B For B

A Poem by Oceana


Over Over

A Poem by Oceana





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5