Decimated

Decimated

A Story by Odd Little Daisy
"

Monti is just a regular girl one day and the next she is sucked into the world where magic really exists. After losing everything Monti never thought she would recover, is she right?

"

Chapter 1-

Earth, air, fire, water. Thats all I can see, smell and hear. The only thing I can think about is the overwhelming power I feel. It takes control of me, the power is my puppet master, and I can’t control what it does to me, then, I wake up.

“Monti! Wake up!”, I hear my mom calling from downstairs, “ You can’t be late for your first day back!”

I’m half awake and sweating like a pig.

“Great...” I say to myself, “First day back and I’m late.”

I practically jump from the bed into my shower. Pine High is the school I go to everyday, five days a week. Five, long, torturous days where I have to hear the side comments of everyone “popular”. Even in my sophomore year of highschool I get the constant reminder of how unpopular I am. I wiped the fogged up mirror and stared at my reflection, I’m fine the way I look. I’m five foot four, one hundred and eighteen pounds,light brown skin,and have long black hair. Maybe it’s all the hoodies I wear to cover my head and face during class. Or maybe it’s because I’m in video club or play the violin every minute of my free time. Okay, I’m a geek. Who cares? Well actually apparently every cheerleader does, but I don’t care, I have my best friend Dana Ashenburg, without her I probably wouldn’t have survived Jr.High,or so far in high school. I looked down at my watch,

“Oh my god, I’m late!” I run out the door and see Dana looking pretty mad.

“Dude! Come on we’re already ten minutes late!” she shouted at my across the lawn.

I hopped into the the front seat, “Sorry,I woke up late, let’s just go” We got to school and both ran into our first period class, everyone was staring at us like we had just murdered someone. Mr. Randolph's pet peeve was tardiness, lucky us!

“Girls,you are fifteen minutes late, I’ll see you ladies after school in detention.” we heard the whispered laughs of the rest of the class. I took, my seat, put up my hood and zoned out. Tomorrow is my sixteenth birthday, some people call it there sweet sixteen, but nothing

has ever been sweet about my birthday. Something bad always happens on my birthday, people get hurt, so I never ask for a birthday party, I just think I’m very unlucky.

“ Monti?” I heard Mr. Randolph’s voice. I looked up, “Answer please, I look over at Dana she mouths direct variation.

“Y equals kx.” I say nervously.

“Correct, good job.” He says eyeing me suspiciously .

The bell rang, I got up and walked down the hall to my locker, I turned around, I felt like someone was following me so I walked faster. All day I felt like someone was following me. Everytime I turned around no one was there. After detention Dana told me she couldn't drive me home, so I decided to walk. I was almost at my house when there it was again. The feeling someone was following me. I turned around a hooded man ducked behind a corner. I ran faster than I had ever run in my whole life. I got to the front door and bursted in, my mom and dad were sitting at the dinner table. When they saw my face and asked me what was wrong I said I want feeling good. I went to my room and locked my door. Who was that man? As my mind pondered all of these thought I felt fire. Suddenly felt like I was on fire and I screamed. I had never felt pain like that before. It was scalding me. I looked down at my arms and they were fine, no flames were on them even though it felt like they were on fire. I heard my parents running up the stairs, they were knocking on my door asking what was wrong.

“Nothing, I just uh stubbed my toe hard” I heard silence and then chuckles from the other side of the door until they walked away. Am I sick? I have been seeing a man who was or maybe wasn't real, then I had a heat flash. I was running all diseases I knew with symptoms of hallucinations and heat flashes in my head. Nothing, I came up blank. Maybe I was just tired so I kicked of my shoes and went to bed. Then I dreamed.

Fire was crawling up my arms, just like it had been earlier, then there was air, earth and water swirling around me. Power, I felt like I was enveloped with the elements around me. I felt so bad that I was good. As the powers flowed through me I knew that I didn’t want the powers, I needed them. I woke up breathing hard I looked at the clock, I had woken up on time for once, wow, I was impressed with myself. I got up and I heard my parents coming down the hallway.I felt like I was forgetting something.

“Happy birthday baby girl!” My mom sang. Oh ya I had forgotten today was my sixteenth birthday. She had pancakes with candles in her hand, “Make a wish Monti!” I wished for no one to get hurt today, even though I knew I wouldn’t have that luxury.

“Thanks you guys I said smiling.I felt weird, something happened over night because I feel different almost like I was glowing. Then the window broke.









Chapter 2-

I heard my mom’s screams. It was the hooded man. He put his hood down revealing a beastly face. Then I screamed, he had fangs, red skin with black marking on his face and beady black eyes. He lunged at me, my dad jumped in front trying to protect me and it grabbed him by throat and ripped it open. He had tossed him like he was weightless. I heard my mom scream even louder it turned around and threw flames at her and she screamed until she turned to dust. It looked right back at me and lunged, I threw my hand infront of me and it flew backwards. I stared at my hands, shocked. Did I do that? Then thinking of my dream,  I thought of fire and stared right at it. I heard the snarls of the beast as the flames disintegrated it. Then I looked at the ground looking at my dead father sprawled across the floor and a pile of dust who used to be my mom. I stared and fell to the floor and cried.

When I looked up I realized I had to leave. What if more of these beasts came? I had to go as far as I could. I grabbed a bag and put my clothes in it, then I got in my parents car and went to the library. I had to find out what was wrong with me.

When I got there I read through all books looking over anything that talked about the elements. Then I came across a book that glowed when I touched it. I opened it and the paged flipped by itself until it got to a page which talked about a powerful witch, named Lela Sanders. My grandmother was named Lela Sanders. It said one of her descendents would receive the gifts of the elements. She would be the first witch to control earth, air, fire, water. I stared at that page for a long time. I slowly backed up from the book. No, magic isn’t real. This must just be a coincidence, it must be a fiction book or a really bad dream. I pinched my arm thinking I would wake up. This was real life and there was nothing I could do, my parents were dead and I was alone with these, powers. I ran to my car and dropped my keys on the ground when I reached to pick it up I saw something in the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a beast, I’m guessing a “demon”, it smiled at me.

“What do you want?” I cried

“Your powers” It said still smiling.

I thrust my hands forward and wind manifested and pushed the demon on another car.

“Leave me alone!” I screamed

It got up and threw fire at me a jumped to the side, the fire only grazing me. Then before anything else could happen, a figure manifested with a knife and threw it straight at the demons chest and it evaporated. I thrust my hands forward and hit the figure with fire.

“Ow!” a boys voice screamed, “I save your life and this is how you repay me?” He put his hood down revealing his facing. He had golden skin, dark brown hair and blue eye, what was he?

“I’m, I’m, sorry. I didn’t mean to, I don’t even know how...” I stammered. I stared at my hands.

“Hmm, a newbie!” He said with delight, “ I’m Diego Torres” He reached out his hand to help me up.

“I’m Monti Moreno” I said taking his hand.

“ Now Monti Moreno, tell me, which academy do you attend? I will take you there.”

“Academy? Um, I go to Pines High.”

He laughed, “You do not attend a witch academy?”

“No... What is a witch academy? It doesnt matter, I’m not a witch. I’m just a sophomore girl, who goes to Pines High.”

“Do normal sophomore girls usually shoot fire from there hands at their saviors?”

I just stared at him.

“Well then, where to?” He asked. I gave him a questioning look until I understood that he wanted to know where to take me.

“Can you take me to my house?” I asked

“Yes, ma’am” he said and held my shoulders. Then suddenly in an instant we were in my room.

“Oh my god” He said staring at the sight of the bodies. Then he looked at me. “Are those your...”

“Yes, todays my sixteenth birthday. Something attacked me and they tried to protect me.” Then without thinking about there was some guy next to me I cried. I guess he realized that I just got my powers, something killed my parents and I was scared.

“Come with me.” He whispered. I looked at him.

“Where?” I asked still sniffling.

“There is an academy, where I am from, for witches. Which you are.”

“But I cant just leave them here.”I looked at him like he was crazy, I couldnt just leave my parents like this, they shouldn’t be left alone.

“There’s nothing you can do for them now, will you come with me?” He asked taking my hand. I shook my head in approval.  Then we appeared in front of an old, broken down hotel, he waved his hand in front of the gates then it turned into a school.

“We have to protect ourselves from mortals. Without another thought I stepped into the academy.












Chapter 3-

As we walked into the school I wondered if this would be like Hogwarts, there would be classes on magic, potions, powers. As my thoughts continued Diego looked at me and chuckled,

“This is nothing like Howgwarts, this is much more smaller, we have regular teachers, and it’s kind of like a regular high school but with an extra class for advancing in your powers.” I stared at him, I hadn’t said anything out loud so how  did he know what I was thinking?, “My power is Telepathy. That means I can read minds, now come this way, let me take you to Head Mistress Rankon’s office.”

I followed him all the way there until we opened into a giant room. It looked mysterious with its red carpets and large draping curtains. There was a long table with a middle aged looking lady at the end.

“Ms.Renkon, I have someone to introduce to you.” He said bowing, he looked at me to speak

“Um, hello, I’m Monti. Monti Moreno.” The headmistress looked up at me and finally spoke,

“Welcome to the academy, Monti.-” Diego cut her off,

“I found her, the demon of the Milanci tribe was after her. I’m not sure why though, todays her sixteenth birthday so she must have just received her powers.” He said proudly.

“Really, now what would your powers be?” She asked me.

“Well, I’m not sure. I read a book about my grandmother-”

“Who’s your grandmother young lady?” She asked, wondering why my grandmother would be in a book.

“Her name was Lela Sanders.” Everyone in that room got silent, all eyes were on me.

“Impossible, then that would mean... No, it can’t be.”

“It can’t be what?” I asked getting nervous now.

“When your grandmother married her husband, who was a demon,” I stared at her, demon? No I remember my grandfather, he was not a demon he looked like a man, he didnt shoot fire or anything!, “There was a profecy that one of the female lineage would be the first witch to receive the powers of all the elements. The demon half of her would try to consume her as she got stronger, until she would turn to the dark side.” Still everyone stared at me, I hear murmurs of impossible.

“But, no, I’m not. I am not half demon, it’s not me.” I said. I am not a demon, I saw demons today and I look nothing like them.

“Jenna!,” She called to a girl across the room, “Take Ms. Moreno to a room with an empty place, then meet me in the power testing room, go.” She said to the girl about my age.

As we walked down the hall, the girl looked nervous to be around me.

“Is it true?” she asked, “You being a demon?”

“I’m not sure, I hope not.” I said.

For the rest of the walk, we were silent until we reached in front of a door,

“Here is your room. Once you unpack meet the headmistress in room 245. Good luck.” She said

“Wait!,” I exclaimed, “What’s going to happen to me in room 245?” I asked. I kept thinking they might just dissect me.

“They will test you to see what your powers are, like they did to me. Dont worry they wont hurt you or anything.” She tried the door, but it was locked. Then she stared at the lock and I heard it unlock, “I have telekinesis.” she said smiling. The she walked away. When I walked in there was two beds one occupied a petite girl with long brown hair, she was in the air above the bed, meditating. It looked at her in shock,

“Um, excuse me?” I said. I must have scared her because she opned her violet eyes and fell onto the bed.

“Dang it girl! You scared me half to death!” She said looked at me obviously confused why there was a girl standing in her room. Then she smiled, “Are you my new roomate?” She asked excitedly.

“Ya, I guess I am. I’m Monti.”

“I love that name, Monti. Yes! I can’t believe I finally have a room mate! I’m Sophia.” She said still smiling. I smiled at her, my first day here and I already have a friend. She seemed really nice,

“Can you take me to room 245?” I asked

“As long as I get to watch!” She said. We smiled at eachither and she signaled for me to follow her. The whole time we walked, we talked. She told me all about her life, her parents, her powers, and her other friends that she wanted me to meet. Then she told me about the girls to stay away from, their names were Amanda, Clarissa, and Bryn. She told me they all have been best friends since birth. They torture everyone else at this school. Amanda has the power of telekinesis, like her. Clarissa had the power to freeze things. Last but not least Bryn, she could shoot electricity from her hands.

Then we arrived at room 245, where there were several teachers and the headmistress sitting at a table.

“Welcome, Monti. This is a power placement. We will ask you to use any and every power that you are able. Please stand on the platform.” She turned to the rest of the teachers, “This girl is said to be the girl from the profecy. This first witch to ever wield all of the elements.” Turning back to me while people were still gasping, “Please being. Channel your powers. Make that your only goal. Listen to your power, will them to show.”

I closed my eyes and thought, earth, air, fire, water. Earth, Air, Fire, Water. EARTH, AIR, FIRE, WATER. Then it happened. I felt the earth beneath me lift like a platform. The rest of the floor turn into water, a ring of fire appeared around me and a tornado around me.

“Monti! Stop now! Monti!” I heard the headmistress scream. Everyone was screaming and trying to take cover. I didn’t stop. It felt good with the power coursing through my veins. Then one of the teaches jumped on to me and grabbed my arm. I felt like the power was being drained out of me. I heard the screaming stop. I felt back to normal and I opened my eyes and everything went black.


Chapter 4-

When I woke up I heard alot of people talking. I opened my eyes and the room went quiet as I stood up. I felt weak. Drink this, I thought that it was magic power juice put when I looked down it was just caffinated soda.

“What, what happened?” I said looking at Sophia.

“It was AWESOME!” She exclaimed, “There was tornados and rings of fire and the earth lifted from beneath you and then we were in an ocean!!!!” Ms. Renkon stared at her then at me,

“The profecy is true, but you need to learn to control your power. You nearly destroyed the school. Now Sophia, please take Monti back to her room. In the morning she will be on the same class schedule with you. Goodnight girls.” She said to us. Sophia nodded her head at Ms. Renkon then we walked back to the dorm. Sophia told me how cool it was until Mr. Jenkinson, who has the power to block someones power, touched her arm and blocked all that power. Since she was so powerful, she blacked out.

When we got to the room she opened the door for me,

“Okay since you are the profecy girl we’ve learned about. You can totally change the look of our room. I’ve always wanted to live in a jungle.” She looked at me with pleading eyes.

“I’m not sure if I can but I’ll try.” I said

“All of our powers work at first by willing, close your eyes and imagine a jungle.” She said. So I closed my eyes and thought of the look of a jungle, what it sounds like, and what it smells like. Then I heard her excited shriek. I opened my eyes and we were in a rainforest. I heard a knock at the door.

“Coming!” I said. I opened the door and there was Diego, “Come in. I said.

“Wow” was the first thing he said when he saw the jungle, “So it’s true. You are profecy girl.” He smiled at me.

“Ya I guess I am. So what brings you here?” I asked

“I just wanted to see if you were okay. I heard about the power thing.” He said concerned.

“Ya, thanks.” I smiled. He was really nice. He came to my room to make sure I was okay, that means alot.

“So whats your class schedule? Oh hey Soph.” He waved to her.

“Hey Diego! She has the same as ours. Diego and I have been friends since I got here.” She smiled at him. I looked at both of them, I have two friends on my first day this is the best.

“Cool, well I better get going. See you tomorrow.” He said to both of us. We waved to him goodbye as he left.

“Okay well lets get to bed. but before we sleep could you, you know.”

“Sure” I concentrated on the original room and it appeared back. As a laid down for bed, I said a couple words in my parents honor and thought about what the headmistress said about me being half demon.


When I woke up the next morning my back felt weird. I went into the bathroom and lifted my shirt and stared at my back. There was tribal markings like the demon that killed my parents on the bottom of my back. When I heard Sophia call my name, I hurried and pulled my shirt down. What would happen if she saw my demon tattoo looking things. Would she tell the headmistress that I am turning into a demon? I couldn’t risk it.

When she saw the fear on my face she looked concerened,

“What’s wrong?” She asked. I was shaking and I covered my shirt lower,

“Nothing.” I said as my voice wavered.

“Im not stupid. You look like a deer in the headlights.” She saw me covering my back, “Show me your back.” She said

“What? No” I said. She walked over and lifted my shirt and stared at my back in shock.

“Are those-?”

“Please don’t tell anyone.” I said now obviously shaking like a vibrating machine. She put her arms around me.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry. You’re half demon. You just have to fight it.” She said still holding me. Here Then I heard Diego walk in.

“I’m a telepath, I can sense panic from all the way down the hall. What’s going on?”, Then he read my mind, “Let me see” He said I lifted up my shirt where you could see. “This is truly amazing. I heard the profecy but I never believed the half demon part, until now.” We all sat on the bathroom floor.

“We cant tell anyone, ever.” Sophia said

“Okay”, he agreed, then got up. “ Class starts in thirty minutes. See you then.” He said and gave me a hug of reassurance. “Everything is going to be fine.”


Chapter 5-

Our first period class was english. I sat in the back of the class,just like I do at pines high. I played with a little flame in my hand the whole time.

I saw Clarissa. She looked at me and sneered,

“Oh look it’s the half demon girl.” Her and the rest of her possy laughd.

“Shut up.” I said calmly

They looked at me, “What did you just say demon girl?”

I looked them straight in the eye, “I said shut up.”

“You dont tell us to shut up. It’s such a shame that your king killed your parents.” I clenched the side of my desk and the next thing I knew the wall right next to Clarissa caught fire.

She screamed, loud. One of the girl name Bee, had the power of water thing. So she shot water at the fire. Diego grabbed my arm and kept me out of the line of fire of Bryn’s electricity. She missed my face and hit the wall behind me. I hit the ground causing an earthquake, “No one talks about my parents like!” I shouted. The “possy” all were hiding in a corner.

“Okay, Okay, students. Please return to your seats. Monti, to the headmistress’s office now.” My english teacher Mr.Don said. I walked to the headmistress’s office and when I got there she was infiriortaed.

“Ms. Moreno. We do not use our powers against other students. When you get mad, violence is not the answer. We talk it out. We don’t use our powers. Especially ones that are as powerful as yours. This is a warning next time, you will get your powers bound for a week. Now that is all return to your class. Remember Monti, we never use our powers on others.”

“Yes ma’am” I said staring at the ground.

Chapter 4-

“Now, concentrate. Use the elements. Let them take you anywhere. Let them control. Now imagine where you want to go and will it.”

 I was put in the element class. At the academy, after power placement, you are chosen a class according to your power. I got element class with Ms. Wade. We were learning how to “travel” the way that Diego first showed up to save me.

I did as she instructed and closed my eyes and willed the elements to do what I wanted. I wanted to travel to the tree at the side of the room. When I opened my eyes, I had turned the whole classroom into a rain forest. I heard the wows of the other students.

“It’s okay. You won’t get it perfect your first time. Monti, you are a very powerful and talented witch. Once you get it down, you will be even more powerful.” I thought of whats she said then I thought, if my evil demon side doesnt take me over first.

“Okay, I’ll try again.” I said closing my eyes. Then I felt my whole body become light, almost like I was flying. I opened my eyes and I was in a tree alright, at my house.

I concentrated on what my elements class looked like. I opened my eyes and I was still there. There was caution tape all around my house and officers coming in and out. I hid behind a tree so no one would recognize me. I saw the Pines newspaper on my driveway so I picked it up. The front cover read:

A beloved family now gone. On January 3rd, a neighbor reported a strange smell coming from their neighbors house. When the police went in to investigate, they found the body of antonio Moreno and an ash pile, now known to be Angela Moreno, were found. The daughter of the victims is now missing, making her the prime suspect. The police do not believe her to be kidnapped on account of her parents were found in her room and her fingerprints were found on both of the victims bodies, presumably after their death. If you have any information on this girl (see picture below) please contact your local police station.

I looked below and there was a picture of me from the yearbook, I was wanted for murder.

“Diego!” I whispered loudly, I hoped since he was a telepath he would be able to sense if someone was calling for him, “Diego!”

Diego appeared in front of me, “What are you doing here? This is a crime scene.”

“I didn’t mean to! I was trying to travel to a tree in my elements class when I appeared here. We have to go! I’m wanted for murder.” I showed him the newspaper. He grabbed my arm and the next thing I knew we were infront of my room in the academy.

“Murder? Are you sure?” He asked doubtedly

“Read the article.” I said pointing to it.

He read the article and said, “Why would they-” At that moment I felt a sharp pain go up my back. I fell. I felt angry, my skin was literally on fire. I hit Diego straight in the chest, with my firery skin.

“Stop what wrong with you??” I looked at him, the I realized what I was doing.

“ I’m so sorry, I’m not sure what just happened. My back...” He lifted my shirt.

“Oh.My.God.” He said his eyes bulging from his head. “What?”

“What is it?” I asked scared now.

“ Your back, Your spine has a tattoo on it. It’s... moving.” I stared at him then walked in my room, slamming the door in his face.

A few hours later, he must have gotten Sophia. She walked in.

She knew about what happened and first she yelled at me for throwing fire at Diego. She told me if I had done that to a mortal, poof, they would have been ashes. I thought of my mom, seeing her ash pile. Thinking how fire turned her into dust right before her very eyes, I got angry. In the middle of her talking I traveled, all on my own. I wasn’t sure where I was. It was dark, and hot. I heard echos of screams and moans. Then I saw a man in rags and half a face walk by. I gasped. Where was I. Maybe I should call for Diego. I didn’t think he would come after the stunt I pulled.

“So what are you down here for?” I heard a creepy voice say. He didn’t look like a demon, he looked just like a creature, maybe a cockroach mixed with a human.

“Where is here?” I asked back to the creature with a long robe.

“Well Miss, you are in a place with many names. It could be called “down below”, the underworld, or my favorite name, Hell. This is where all of us demons or humans who have done something wrong before their death go.” Hell? I was in Hell. Ah, hell!, “Wait a minute, I sense Witch! You’re a witch! Witch!” Everyone or thing around us stared.

“Diego! Diego help me” I made a ring of fire all round me, I concentrated. I tried to travel, but when I opened my eyes I was still her. One of the Demons walked right through the fire a grabbed me by the throat. He lifted me. I couldn’t breathe. I imagined vines coming from the ground and choking him. He instantly dropped me choking. One hit me from behind, I was barely conscious.

“Diego!” I managed to cry out. Then I saw his figure appear. He threw knives faster than humanly possible. He grabbed me and we traveled back.

“Healer! We need a healer!” I heard him scream. A tiny blond girl with a pixi hair cut and green eyes appeared, she was in my english class, Delainey Janel.

“Stand back!” A crowd gathered around, she lifted the back of my shirt. Oh no!, “Oh my god.” The whole crowd gasped, “I can’t heal a demon!” She screamed.

“She’s not a demon!” I heard Sophia say, “You cant just let her die.”

“I won’t heal her.” Then I thought, if I’m so powerful can’t I just use the elements. “I’m sorry you have to die like this.”

“Stand back.” I groaned. Everyone took a step back, then with all my remaining energy I thought of all the elements coming together to heal me. A burst of light came of me I heard people’s oh my gods, and how is this possibles. I felt better, I felt new. Then I saw a tattoo appear on my neck, more like I felt it. It looked like a fairy with a teardrop, riding on a dragon. My body was starting to look like a story book.

I stood up and stared right at Delainey right in the eyes, “You were just going to let me die.” I shoved her backwards. Fire appeared on my tattoo, “Were you really?” She look scared.

“I wasnt going to heal a demon!” She said looking mad. The fire got brighter. Diego grabbed my arm.

“Breathe” He whispered over and over. I obeyed him and breathed. The fire slowly went down until it was gone. Diego dragged me away from the fight.

“What were you thinnking traveling to the underworld? You could have been killed.” He said once we got to my room. We both sat on the floor.

“I would have been killed if you took any longer to get there.” I said. He just stared at me. “I don’t know how I got there. I was mad and travled, I wasn’t even thinking where I wanted to go.”

“YOu owe me. This is the 2nd time I saved you.” I hugged him and he winced. I noticed blood from his chest. I lifted his shirt, There was a gaping wound from my fre on it. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” I closed my eyes begging the elemnts to heal it. I touched his chest and felt all the elements flow through my palm and heal him.

“Monti Moreno, you are a woman with many talents.” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“I know” I said still smiling at eachother.


Chapter 5-   

For the next few weeks, most people in my class sat far from me. Everyone knew about the demon tattoos on my body. Teachers freaked out if I got angry or annoyed, my classmates all would stare at me during my elements class, and my headmistress treated me like her very own science project.

It was weird for the first time in weeks, demons have not been attacking me. I’ve seen them though, when I leave campus they follow me. It’s like they are just watching me and not intending to hurt me.

Everytime I try to talk to one, they run away. I should be happy about not being attacked but what if they are planning something, they are studying me for reasons unknown.

Sophia and Diego also watch me carefully. They watch me as I slowly slip away. Everyday when I wake up I feel diiferent. I have no patience now, I got angry easily and everday after school I leave to a swamp in New Zealand, using my controlled traveling and I use my powers on everything. I mostly light things on fire, and use the element of earth to grow my own house, I make vines and turn it into it. Sometimes, I don’t come back to the academy until the morning after. And my eyes, they are slowly changing colors, they are turning red, actually. So, I wear sunglasses all the time, I tell people the lights have been bothering my eyes. And the tattoos, those have been appearing on my wrists and neck. I dont remember what I look like before. I’m skinnier and paler now, from my lack of food and sleep.

While I thought about the changes I have been going through, a twig snapped. I turned around and made a water shield around my space.

“Who’s there?” I said loudly. Then I saw dark hair poke out behind a tree, it was only Diego. I let the shield down.

“So this is where you’ve been hiding. Let me tell you, you are hard to sense.That’s an impressive water trick, it’s-” He stopped and his eyes widened, “What happened to your eyes?” Remembering my eyes were red, I threw my sunglasses on.

“I, I, Uh...” I said trying to find an explanation.

“Them off.” He said motioning to my sunglasses.

I took them off, “How long have they been like that for?”

“You need to leave” I said angry he came to my “sanctuary”. He had no right to track me all the way here. I went far so he couldn’t read my mind.

“I’m not leaving. Monti, you’re scaring everyone. You’re not the same girl we met. Your angrier, you look malnourished, and your eyes are now red. What’s going on with you?”

“Just go, I don’t need you to interrogate me!” I called the vines of my house. I commanded them to take him away. They wrapped around his arms and ankles and lifted him up.

“Monti! Put me down! I mean it, put me down.” I closed my eyes, ignoring his plead. The vines slowly dragged him away. He must have traveled out of the vines, because when I opened my eyes, he was in front of me. I lifted my hand about to throw fire.

Then I saw Sophia travel in mid air and tackle me to the ground before I could do anything. She used telekinesis to wrap vines around me and tie me to a tree.

“What do you think your doing?” I said trying to get out of the tight vines.

“Me? Did you just seriously ask ME that question. You almost just killed one of your only friends. And what is wrong with your eyes?”

“Quit.Asking.Me.About.My.Eyes.” I said then my whole body caught on fire and I burned the vines off, all the trees caught on fire around us. Diego grabbed my hand and stared right into my eyes,

“Don’t do this Monti. This is not you. Breathe. Just breathe.” His face look pained, I was scalding his hand. I had been blocking my pain, all of the powers and demons and school was too much for me, my only family died because of me, I was turning into a demon-witch thing and I was scared. Suddenly the fire went away , all of it, except my hair it was still flaming. Tears welled up in my eyes, my vision was blurred, I never wanted to speak, think or even breathe. I had lost everything. I was sobbing so loud, I think any animals near would run away. Sophia grabbed one arm and Diego grabbed the other and we all traveled back to my room. Sophia gave me something and it made me fall asleep. This is for your own good. Then everything faded.

When I woke up, a day must have past because it was the afternoon. I got up and Diego and Sophia were both asleep and the floor across from me, they must have been watching me all night. What I didn’t understand is why Sophia... drugged me I guess. I saw Diego’s hands. Then I remember that I had scalded it. I bent down next to him and used the elements to heal it. Then I walked to the bathroom. My hair had been flaming for a while last night, now as I stared at it, I saw that the end of my hair were a vivid red color. I swear, if anything else turned red on me, I wouldn’t be surprised, first my eyes, then my hair. I got in the shower and got dressed. Today was Saturday, so there were no classes. I had to resolve my issues. So I traveled to where it all started, my room.

Chapter 7-

It was weird coming to my house after so long, my room was the same as I had left it, there was tape on the ground, showing where my father’s body had lain, and an X where my mother’s ashes were. I sat on my bed and wondered where they were. Then I thought if I controlled the wind, could I maybe speak to it like those people on the movies do? So I whispered take me to my parents bodies are. When I opened my eyes, I was in front of two graves, my parents names were on them. I smiled,

“Hey you guys.” I said to the grave stones. Then I manifested bouquets in front of both.

“That’s beautiful. Thanks hun.” I turned around and there was my mom. She was in a long white gown. She smiled at me.

“Mom? But you’re-”

“Dead? Ya, sucks. But I would have done it all over again just to save you.”

“Are you a ghost?”

“Well sort of, I’m dead. But I was allowed by higher powers to be phsically here for a little bit to see you.” She reached over and put her arms around me.

“Mom, I’m scared.” I said squeezing her.

“I know you are. But you are strong. You can get through this. Your dad and I watch over you every second.” She whispered.

I saw a shape manifest in the corner of my eye. It was Diego.

“What?” HE said confused when he saw my mom.

“Hello, Diego. Thank you for taking care of Monti for me. Thanks you so much” She said then turned to me, “I don’t have much time left. I’m here to warn you. Ever since you got your powers, a demon has been sending other minor demons after you. Be careful, I can’t tell you when but it won’t be long until one of them get’s you and brings you to the demon master.” Then she quickly kissed me on my forehead and vanished.

“He grabbed my arm, if that’s true we need to go.” Then we dissapeared. We were in an unfamiliar room.

“Where are we?” I asked looking around.

“This is my room.” He said, then without saying anythings else he walked to the other side of the room and pressed a button. The wall turned and a bookcase appeared. “I’ve been searching for something to help you. Maybe a protection spell. I found an amulet in a book”, he pulled a necklace chain with a red ruby in the middle, “It magnifies witches powers. And with all that power inside of you, it could be lethal. This could potentially save your life.” He walked over and put it around my neck. My whole body shimmered for a few seconds. I felt more powerful. I smiled.”We need to test it out. Follow me.”

After a painfully silent trip down several staircases we finally got to a big empty white room.

“Welcome to the testing room. Now all I need you to do is go inside and use all of your potential. Use any elements you want and let loose.”

“But what if you get hurt.”

He smiled at me, “I will be outside of it, watching you. The walls can’t be penetrated by any powers. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back.” Then he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, “You can do it.” I was bubbly inside. If that man said I could do it, I could.

I walked into the room and he locked the door behind me. He pressed the microphone on the outside and I heard his voice all in the room.

“Concentrate. Remember utilize all the power you have.” When he finished talking I saw Sophia manifest next to him. She gave me a thumbs up. I closed my eyes and concentrated. What element would I use. Then I thought of all the damage fire inficts and used that one. Fire. I repeated in my head and thought of the demon incinerating my mom, I felt angry. Then I heard A woosh, then the window exploding along with the walls. I opened my eyes. HE said it was power proof! Oh my god, I killed them, I thought.

I screamed. “Diego? Sophia? You guys? No! My power did not kill you too!” I saw where they had been standing. I didn’t see them anywhere. I had incinerated them. How could this have happened? I killed my best friends. I killed my only friends. I cried hard. I heard thunder and rain suddenly start pouring outside. I out the fire out so I imagined the whole room was the ocean and it suddenly filled with water, then I started thinking. Everyone was dead because of me. I started to swim up but my foot was caught on part of the broken walls. I tried to burn the wall but fire didn’t work under water. None of my elements were saving me, my foot was still caught. It had been over a minute since I had been under and I started to black out. Then I saw feet coming down the stairs and then faces, it was Sophia and Diego. They were alive. I reached out for them screaming underwater and Diego jumped in and couldnt get my foot out. I was losing consciousness. Sophia jumped in and used her powers to get my foot out. Then diego grabbed me by the waist and pulled me up. I was choking and coughing.

“I thought you guys were dead.” I said still coughing.

“We almost were, but we traveled out at the last millisecond. I can’t believe it you penetrated the impenetrable walls!” Sophia said excitedly

We all smiled.

“I can’t believe how powerful you are it’s amazing.” Diego said still excited.”

As we walked up stairs, all of us still wet, we talked about our plans of defense. We decided that we would train our powers to be stronger in my hiding place in New Zeland. That way we would be strong enough to fight off the demon who is trying to take me.

For the next few days we trained. Every spare moments we had we utilized for strangething out powers. Sophia could now actually break things like glass from the inside, Diego could put thoughts into people’s heads instead of just reading them. My powers were scary powerful now. If I lose my temper I could destroy the whole academy. In my physics class, I got stressed during the test and I broke all the glass in my classroom. Let’s just say my teacher isn’t very fond of my powers.

After a week had past, I wasn’t sure my mom meant we would be attacked as soon as I thought.

“So, Aren’t you glad the year is almost over? Only two more months left!” Sophia said excitedly after school.

“Ya. I can’t wait til all the craziness dies down though.” I said quietly.

“Hey, it will. It promise. Once we knock the demon out, we will be fine. Okay, I’m going to go train, you coming?”

“I think I’ll sit this one out.” I said, honestly too tired to train today.

“Okay, just come down if you decide you want to.” She waved to me as she left. I lay down on the bed and just thought of my eyes. How they were red. My tattoos, and how many I had. I’ve gotten used to the look of them. I actually kind of like them now, except for the fact that they are demon markings, a constant reminder of the half I had been supressing. The demon side of me scares me, it gets harder and harder to control. As I thought I saw something appear in a dark corner.

“Hello?” I asked. I only heard a chuckle as a response, then more things appeared in the dark corner. They stepped out into the light. They were demons. I screamed at the top of my lungs. They had no eyes and sharp teeth. I jumped for the door but one caught me by my waist. I screamed louder, hoping someone would hear me. I kicked it in the face and stunned it for a second. I grabbed the door handle and got into the hallway. They must have not wanted to be caught, because when I turned around they were gone. Behind me I heard the chuckle. I screamed again. This time someoen opened there door. I saw a short burnette who also screamed with me. She stared at the ground and made a black hole appear. It sucked things in, It stared to drag the demons in, along with me. When the girl saw I was being dragged in she closed the hole. A demon grabbed my ankle as I tried to escape, it twisted all the way around and I heard a snap, followed by an excruciating pain. I was in shock as blood gushed from my ankle and the bone stuck out. I didn’t move. Two of the demons grabbed my arms and traveled out with me. Right before we traveled, I saw Sophia and Diego come up the hallway. Before they could do anything we were gone.

Chapter 6-

I knew we were back in hell when I smelled the smell of, well death.

I looked down at my ankle and blood was still gushing out. i was shaking so hard, they probably thought I had turned into a vibrating machine.

“We have captured her master.” The demon who had snapped my ankle said.

I saw the masters face, or should I say his face. I recognized it from the pictures at my house. It was my grandfather. He hadn’t aged a bit. I stared at him,

“What?” I asked looking at him.”What are you doing here grandpa?” He hadn’t aged a bit, he still looked in his mid- thirties.

“Now, don’t I get a hug?” He said and all of the demons laughed.

I spit at him. As he wiped his face his threw fire at me. I lifted my hands and thew even stronger fire at me.

“You, cant hurt me. I am stronger than you. Why? Why would you do this to me?” I said looking him straight in the eye.

“Soon enough, you wont have any powers. I will be the first demon to have the powers of a full elements witch put into me. See when your grandmother was young, she told me that she was a witch. I told her this story about how I was a demon, but I didn’t want to be. Then soon, we were married and we had your mother. She had NO powers. I wanted to go and kill her, but she didn’t let me. Then a few years later, I knew it was you. I could sense it. So i had one of my demons, watch you for a long time. I ordered him to kill your parents on your sixteenth birthday. Then, your grandmother found out about my true self. She tried to bind me here, so I killed her and escaped to here. I’ve waited for you.”

“You killed me parents?” I was flaming, like I had been in New Zeland. My tattoos glowed. I thought of all the elements and projected it, but before my power could damage anything my grandfather, stared at me and I stared to choke. The fire slowly dissipated. “Hurry grab her, strap her to the powerless table!” He said to a group of demon cowarding in the corner. The grabbed me, while I still was being choked and starpped me down. I tried to burn the the starps, but my powers were not working. My grandpa, or Zentaik, as I heard the rest of the demons call him, stopped choking me. I gasped for breath.

“Don’t even try your powers. This table binds powers momentarily. Now lower the needles.” Large needles slowly stuck into my arms. I screamed and slowly couldn’t move.

“These are just for percautions. They are paralizers.” Before he could do anyuthing else I saw Sophia and Diego appear in a corner. Instantly half the demons were killed with Sophia’s power to blow things up from the inside. Diego saw me on the table and immediately ran towards me. Zentaik started to choke Diego. I screamed without opening my mouth, on account of not being able to move. Then I saw Diego stare into Zentaik’s eyes and blocked his powers. He ran towards me and grabbed my arm.

“Sophia! Let’s go.” Then we traveled into Diego’s room. He hurridly lifted me onto his bed,

“Sophia! In my bookcase there is a book about anti-paralysis. There will be a vial in the cover, bring it to me.” She found it within seconds. She threw it to him and he popped the lid open.

“Im so sorry. This is going to hurt.” He dripped some in both eyes. It felt like acid. Slowly I was able to move again. I gasped for air and put my hand over my eyes. I used my healing powers to make the pain go away.

“Say something, please.” Sophia said to me. I couldn’t talk. The pain in my ankle was too much. I put my hand over it, but it didn’t heal.

“Why isnt it healing?” I said scared. I tried again, still nothing “Why isn’t it healing?” I said now screaming and crying at the same time. Sophia and Diego looked at eachother.

“Sophia, go get Annabell.” Diego said to her.  I remembered Annabell was a senior with the power of healing anything. She was WAY better than me.

“Okay listen, Monti. When that certain demon scratches a witch, it poisons them. You just have to breathe. Everything is going to be fine.” I looked at my leg. The whole lower part of my leg looked dead. My eyes widened,

“You blocked his powers. That was amazing. I didn’t think you could do that.” I said, proud of him.

“Me neither. I just went off of a hunch that I head about putting thoughts in his head. But, um, Monti. You should have just used your powers to incinerate every last demon the minute you saw them.”

I stared at him, he was right. “I couldn’t” I said. “That demon, was my grandpa. I should have but I didn’t for some reason. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry. He’s your family.” He said and stroked the top of my head. I smiled at him,

“Why are you so nice to me?” I asked

“What?”

“I mean you and Sophia are great to me. When I burn you, hurt you and almost kill you, yet you still try to keep me safe. Everyone always cowards from me, while you always stay close to me.”

“I’ve never met a girl like you before. You are intelligent, funny, beautiful, and kind. Sometimes when I think about you, I can’t. You’re perfect. Just the way you are. When you hurt me, it’s amazing to feel your power. You control everything. Not to mention-” I cut him off, I leaned into him and him to me, and we kissed.

“Diego, I got her. So-” She saw us and we pulled away. “Oh my god. Sorry should I come back later. Or shall we just leave her whole body to be poisoned.”

I blushed, bad. When I looked at my leg the whole thing was infected. I saw Annabell poke her head in.

“Okay, Monti. This is going to hurt. Just lay back and close your eyes.” She said firmly to me. I wondered what would happen. Would she stab it, put a spell on it? Then instead of doing anything,

“Oh my” She said I opened my eyes.”Im so sorry. I can’t help you.”

“What? So are you going to do huh? Just let her die?” Diego said looking like he would kill her in an instance.

“I’m sorry, but the only way for this specific demon scratch to be healed is for demon to suck it out of her bone. The only thing I can do is keep it from spreading for a few days. But if you don’t fix her soon, she will...you know.”

“What is your problem?” Sophia said to Annabell.

“It’s not her fault, she doesn’t have the power to help me.” I nodded at Annabell give her the okay to give me the anti-spreading medicine. She stuck a needle in it. Let me put it this way, it was like getting your eye scooped with an icecream scooper then getting it reattached with super glue. Part of the room caught on fire when I squeezed the side of the bed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean too.” I said putting it out. She wrapped my leg and gave me crutches.

“I have to go. I didn’t want to but I have to go back down and find a slimy demon to suck my leg.” I said, the last part sarcastically.

“I’m coming with.” Both Sophia and Diego said in a unity.

“No, don’t follow me. I can’t risk your safety.”

“But-” Sophia started

“No buts! I have to go alone. Don’t follow me..” I said then I disappeared.

 

Chapter 7-

“When I got back to the underworld I hid behind a rock. This place was demon central. I had to blend.

A female demon, who looked like she must have been half human because she looked like a demon with a snake tongue, walked by and I incinerated her. I dragged the clothes to the corner and picked through. I took the long brown cloak and the steel toed boots.

There are three things that I payed attention to in my safety class at the academy. In a case where you are stuck with demons, blend, do anything you can, even steal clothes. Check. Second, Keep your head down. Third, Never say a word to any other witches around you.

I kept my head down, I ditched my crutches and limped. My ankle bone still was broken so I more like hopped. So good so far. I looked for the entrance of the cave I remember. The markings of a dragon wrapped around the moon were all over the entrance.

I must of walked for an hour, looking at more than 30 caves until I found it. I snuck in. The cave seemed endless. I saw a small glow in a corner.

Now was my chance. MY plan was to threaten it with fire and force it to suck all the poison out. Then what I saw next suprised,

“Don’t move or I will incinerate you in seconds. Look one of your buddies poisoned me and if you dont fix me, you will go poof like him.”

When the demon turned around, I was surprised. He looked like a boy. HE looked about seventeen, slightly tanned skin,blue eyes buff and had an alarmed expression.

“Wait, you dont want to kill me.” I let my gaurd down after he spoke.

“Sorry, I thought you were a demon.” Then I saw the demon tattoo on his face, the same one of the dragon around the moon, “Wait you are! But the ones I saw had no eyes.”

“I’m half demon, half mortal.” He stood up. “Call me Jake.” He stuck out his hand. I didn’t take it. He looked at my neck, specifically my tattoos.

“I see your a demon too.” He said.

“I’m half demon half witch.” His eyes widened,

“You’re the girl everyone is after.” He said. Wow, he was really slow, everyone knows who I am.

“Smart boy, now sorry to cut the small talk, but I have a bigger issue.” I unwrapped my leg and grunted as I pulled the wrap of, “Fix me, now.” I said still grunting every limp I took towards him. Before he could do or say anything, we heard the sounds of demons getting close. He grabbed me faster than I could blink, put out the candle that he had lit and covered my mouth.

It looked like an army of demons. Then they stopped and sniffed the air.

“Witch.” I heard them all whisper. Jake was about to do something when I walked out into the open.

“Hey boys, missed me?” They all took a step towards me and I imagined fire and it appeared and killed them all in a second flat. My amulet was strong and pushed me back into Jake. I looked at my leg and it had spread to both now.

He stared at me in surprise. I had just killed atleast twenty demons at once. Let me tell you that drained my energy. I sank to  the floor. He sat next to me,

“Just sleep here for tonight, I will watch over you. Trust me.” I looked at him and oddly, I trusted him. I rested my head on his lap, and just slept.

When I woke up the next morning, he was gone. I tried to stand, but it was too painful, I looked down and my hands to my wrists were infected. He jsust left me there to die, GREAT.

Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye and made a water sheild around me.

“Pipe down, it;s just me.” I went above ground and got some breakfast.” I lowered the shield. I hadn’t eaten in a day. I ate the food like a mad woman.

“Okay now fix my leg.” I said once we had finished our breakfast.

“Pushy, are you seriously going to make me chomp down on your leg?” He asked lifting an eyebrow.

“What’s the alternative, I die? Would that be better?” I asked.

“Okay fine.” Then he bit on my leg. And sucked the poison out, “That was disgusting!” He said scrunching his face. What suprised me was that it didn’t hurt, it was like when you have a headache and someone gives you an asprin, and bang, it’s gone.

“Thats weird, why is it still that color still?” I asked

“It could be in your vein still, I’m not sure I could get it out of there...” He said, pondering if there way any way. “I could only think of one thing, that is to get the anti- poison stuff in a hermit layer, but thats suicide. That hermit eats anything that moves.”

“But, he’s never faced a witch like me.” I said.

“He’s ammune to amulets and charms, like that pretty one around your neck. He actually stels them” He said pointing to the amulet that Diego gave me.

I took it off and handed it to him.

“Keep this safe then, it’s the only thing that will enhance my powers. You know I’m not sure how strong I really am without it.” I said putting in his hand.

“Well then, I guess you’re going to have to practice your powers, just like the rest of us.” He said taking my arm and smiling. Then we traveled to somewhere so beautiful it was indescribable.

© 2014 Odd Little Daisy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014
Tags: supernatural, read, love, demon, witches