Sickening Part. 1

Sickening Part. 1

A Story by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

This is a story about a man who is slowly dying. He has moved away from his loved one's to fo to school and going to a routine check-up find's out he has days to week's to months to live. Note: i know i am not that grammatically correct but bare with me b

"

"Well Jon, we tried to find the cause for your bought’s of sickness, our test have found a rare disease. You have Mortossistine Syndrome, it causes anyone infected to rapidly deteriorate from the inside out. Your body will reject any and all forms of treatment, Jon I’m sorry but you have less than two weeks left to live. Although it is highly irregular and due to it’s nature it is not infectious and no one should get it. Now I can call the hospital because over the next couple days you will experience some discomfort."I sat there taking in everything the doctor said to me. Like some sick joke, Devine intervention was nowhere to be found, I was gone.

"How long have I had it? If caught earlier would have I been..." starting to tear I sat in silence, the doctor came my side.

"I’m afraid not, this was your last time being sick, if you hadn’t came in you would have simply had a lapse of sickness then died slowly in bed, this makes one weak, I have seen it once when I was in med school. It’s regrettable that such a young, promising person as yourself has this, cruel, cruel sickness. I would give you something but Mortossistine counteracts anything in the system. Food, anything accept fluid. The fact that one in billions get it makes funding endeavours down this soft treaded path virtually unimaginable to try create an elixir for it. It comes and goes every so often, the case I watched was the first in recorded history. Before it was a myth, I am sorry."

"Sorry?" I looked at him, infuriated, a rage came over me. This man dedicated his life to medicine and he had no solution accept to let me die, suffer like a helpless animal. "F**k you, and f**k your sorry’s." my anger ruptured inner emotion, tears began streaming from my eyes. "I have less then a month, as far as you know. To live, all I can do I sit in a hospital bed and wait for it to come and take me away." So much I hadn’t done, so much I am going to miss, my life was about to begin, and now it’s about to end. Why is life so cruel? He tried to calm my but I left, storming out of his office attempting to destroy anything in my path.

I got home, my aunt was in the kitchen making dinner. "Oh, hey I was just about to..." I told her to f**k off and ran into my room. There I sat until the sun set, what was going to do? My insides we shutting down at an alarming rate, uncontrollably. In two weeks I was going to be nothing, if that. I had moved away, I was now pacing the room, no one here accept for my aunt. About to die, what should I do? I was such a good kid, I tried to do the best I could but I guess that just wasn’t enough. I just needed to escape no I’m going to die alone, virtually. My aunt knocked on the door, she entered without my response.

"Jon? I-I..." She obviously heard me through the door, I went to her and hugged her. A silence feel between us as if it were a wave. Like a hurricane I came into this town, making friends everywhere I went, anything I did I was moderately good at now I was a wreak. Death consumed me like nothing I ever felt. My fate was absolute, the sullen quiet of the room led to me breaking down in my aunts arms. I was nothing more then an infant.

"What happened at the doctors?"

"He told me I have this disease, irreversible, I have two weeks at the most."

"Oh, oh Jon!" Tears cascaded endlessly, about to loose her nephew must have taken a dramatic effect on her as she watched me grow up. She now took care of me as if she was her own, and now what? What was my future? No chance of growing old, no love, no life. Incomplete like a puzzle over the course of time pieces missing, I was about to come to terms with the end.

"Oh dear..." She tried courageously to continue but I interrupted "Let’s eat" I said softly holding her shoulders smiling still continuing to cry.

That night we ate at the table, something not done in the entirety of me living there, outside the city continued to pulsate gently, the whir of vehicles, the sounds of children.

"What happens now Jon?" My aunt asked

"Nothing" I said with a half hearted smile "I just... wait" with a sigh I went back to my pork chop

"Are you going home?" she responded. Home? Mom, Dad, Sisters, Brothers, Nieces and Nephews of my very own, they stood without awareness of what has taken place here, in a place they have not ventured. A place I have not ventured. Sorrow.

"No, when I’m gone you tell them. I don’t want them to know. I left with hugs and kisses." My emotion went ramped yet again "They have enough on their plate, they know I mean well by letting them go without warning." I put my fork and knife down feeling a jab in my stomach, it inched it’s way up my torso, my aunt immediately knew I was having some sort of response to the disease inside.

"JON! Are you okay? Should I call the ambulance?"

"No, no! I’m good, it’s just starting to eat my organs."

"Oh... Jon we should just tell your..."

"Aunty, if they know they’ll go into a panic and over the next two weeks try be with me, knowing there is nothing that I can do or anyone for that matter, they will be around me in tears. I can’t have it. I won’t." Weakly I got up from the table and got a glass of water, I looked at her, she sat there looking at her food, I just noticed she had not touched it. I was infecting her already, an hour and I was starting to corrode my loved ones.

"I know it’s hard losing someone but think about tomorrow, remember me but remember tomorrow, I don’t have the luxury of hoping to see the sun shine and experience anything past June. You do aunty, you do." I said this and went into the bed room, that night I don’t know what she did but stayed in my room and remembered the last week prior to today.

"Derrik Caine is amazing!! I’m going to watch Rushing Montana this weekend, that is the best sci-fi western ever" Said Cassidy, my friend whom I played soccer with, we met the day I got a job at Market 6 a strategy firm for breakfast cereal outside of Winnipeg, he offered me a ride everyday instead of a bus.

"Yeah Cass, that’s because that’s the only f*****g one in existence that isn’t Anime crap" chuckled Grant, we nick-named him Growl because he was such a bully to everyone and anyone

"Okay guys arguments in I still think Caine is a great actor and the best a*s-kicker on earth, but that movie guy" aiming my one open eye at Cassidy "Puke!"

"A few minor technical problems but still art."

"Yeah like a stack of Red Bull cans, it ain’t no art!"

"So you saw the new Hector Stanton collection at the Art Space I see?" interrupted Jake a nerdy kid we let play soccer with us so he could say he was involved in non-extracurricular physical activity on his collage transcript for recreational purposes and to work on his deltoids

The three of us continued to argue over the course of break. It was such a sporadic thought but every trivial memory I had taken for granted now played back for further analysis so I could ponder what I had missed out the first time around. Other thoughts of work and stuff entered and exited my mind like reels on a cutting room floor. All of that was mine and now it’s about to become grains in the sand of time. Meaning nothing to no one, no one would see them, as I did, witness and cherish as I am now, days, time, I flounder and sink. Sleep.

-End of Part 1-

© 2008 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 10, 2008

Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing