The travelling Man (Part 2 Blackout)

The travelling Man (Part 2 Blackout)

A Poem by Souladareatease

Robert Walt Kirwin had seen more than enough snow, having been in it for what seemed hours now, and God knows how long he was unconscious wandering about. He saw gray smoke coming from the tree line, distinctly different from the fog he found himself in, feeling a bit warmer just by smell alone.
A yellow villa with black shutters came into view.Like something out of a  storybook, He thought to himself. There was a barn tucked away in the back and he could here various sounds of livestock milling about in daily chatter for recognition and place. Snow tapered to rain and he could see a lake as he stepped up on the porch. Peeking through the windows he could see a group of people sitting about in different pockets of conversation in a rather large parlour styled room...he pecked on the window, no one seemed to notice; d****t he thought deaf b******s are so wrapped up in conversation, he pounded on the window and every head turned. Now he felt like an idiot. A tall man stood up and motioned for him to go to the door.
"Come in man, but you are soaked to the bone", He shook the mans hand and said thank you "let me take Your coat while you warm by the fire; what is your name good sir?" They call me Rob Sir, he said rushing in to the warmth of the room. Everyone stood quickly in curious adoration anxiously greeting the new albeit, well weathered guest. "Hello, Rob is it?" A man thrust a handshake to him, starting introductions "this is my lovely Mary, the esteemed Dr. John, Claire, and Jacob he lives down the hill in Maison Chapuis and My name dear Sir is Percy and you've already met our gracious host Lord Byron" .Rob just wanted his hands in front of the fire to thaw out and feel normal again. Noticing they all seemed to be in period style clothing , he thought this must be one of those tourist places, living history and all that...Well, Mary sure is giving me the once over, and her beau too. He stood in front of the fireplace short of throwing himself in, waiting for the streams of water his hair made to stop tickling.
"well Rob" Lord Byron began "we were just having some playful conversation before You happened along, we gathered few are of the writing game, ink teasers...swords to hearts and all that haberdashery;
what manner of spoils do you claim Master Rob?"
Jesus...break character much? Rob thought,
"I throw electric lines six on stage and those over head" in his mind it sounded witty but after he said it he felt stupid.
"O how splendid" Mary piped "so You travel the circuits, we must catch your show".
Everyone nodded in excited agreement, eyes twinkled with that bit of flair
and yet he felt they had somehow missed something...or he had.
Percy spoke up and said "do you use those dreadful flashpots? such dangerous things, I once saw one tumble over onto a crowd"
Everyone started cackling and Rob couldn't quite concentrate for they all began randomly speaking in offshoot conversation about fires and people going crazy, telling of crazy freaks they had seen at side shows.
Robs head hurt bad now, not only did the knot feel sore but he was getting feverish and their chatter wasn't helping, "great" he thought "just what I need right now, God do they ever calm down." the din of their conversation grew deafening as Robs world slowly went black. He heard a thud in the distance and a woman scream...he thought "that scream was worthy of a horror movie" as he slowly sank further toward sleep...
 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGbCqQJb9s

© 2013 Souladareatease


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on September 30, 2013
Last Updated on September 30, 2013