Monochromatic

Monochromatic

A Poem by Olive Green
"

lol this is just me describing what my aesthetics/what I am as a person are in fancy writing

"
I am a whole with far too many pieces, the aftermath of a hurricane, the sight of a toy being mercilessly destroyed by a toddler, the smell of toxic chemicals, the feeling of grass between your fingers as you roll down a hill, the voices of people trying to justify their actions, the serenity of floating in the pool with only stars for company, the joy of dancing in the rain, the strange sense of pride after failing miserably, a house without walls, the distance of ex-lovers, the wildflowers on the sides of roads, the freedom of being utterly alone, the pain of nostalgia, the adventure of exploring a cave. 
 
I am earth tones and neon, both showing that the world is what you make of it
I am chalkboards and white erase boards, both attempting to connect to a drifting mind.
I am pencils and pens, both conveying what spoken words cannot.
I am the olden tree of the woods and the skeletons of industrial masterpieces, both speaking of the long forgotten past.
I am a slow rural countryside and a broken down city street, both serving the same solitude.

I am soft clothes with colors too bright, hair that has been dyed to point of confusion, flowing pants, long skirts, plain shoes, messy bangs, hoodies so big you can't see my body shape. I am the essence of comfort in what I wear for that is what many people search for on this unforgiving planet. And yet, not. I am avoided eye contact, ignored conversations, fidgeting hands, anxious muttering, cold words, crossed arms, the subtle irritation of one's voice. I am silent rage and loving concern. I embody two polar opposites to the point where I myself have little understanding. 

Like black and white, only to turn grey.

Monochromatic.

To most, the grey is as good as the dull. I take pity on those many.

Grey can be;
the thrill of the unknown.
the patience of time. 
the sadness of loss. 
the peace of mind in silence.
the curiosity of the brave. 

Grey can be anything you want it to be. Why?

Monochromatics are the mixtures of the two biggest known extremes.

Black and White.

With the power of those two, you can be anything. 

© 2018 Olive Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 11, 2018
Last Updated on July 11, 2018
Tags: aesthetics, pretty words, imagery, monochromatic

Author