The Rainy Days

The Rainy Days

A Story by olivia soto
"

Dylan is a neglected soul, until he finds out something unexpected from the ones he most hates and loves.

"

Despite the many teachers frantically racing out of their classrooms, they seemed to travel in slow motion. It seemed like they didn’t care about Dylan in pure agony. Tristan slammed Dylan’s head against the tile floor, more humorous laughs emerging from the audience. It hurt not to see at least one person try to stop the whole mess. While Tristan was pried off of Dylan, his ear piercing screams were heard from miles away until it stopped suddenly. He shut his swollen eyes, hearing it greet him. Darkness surrounded him almost completely; eating him whole.

               “White skin, pale face. She’ll meet at a quarter to four; the rain is set to pour. Brown hair, brown eyes, skinny as can be; you’ll meet at the lonely park as the clouds roll as fast as they can see.”

               The cold voice left automatically; sending Dylan in a trance as he was welcomed back to the land of reality with a killer headache. He reluctantly opened his strained blue eyes only to be greeted with the familiar ripple like ceiling of his room. He sighed exasperatedly before raising his hand to cry out in pain as he touched his face. Dylan slowly untangled himself from the white duvet that enveloped him. He carried his sore body to the full length mirror right outside his bedroom door and studied himself carefully as his looks seemed to be foreign now.

               The way his blond hair sat on top of his head that was now matted down didn’t look right against his pale bruised skin and piercing blue eyes. There were numerous gashes across his chapped bloody lips that hurt whenever he sighed. His not so broad shoulders stuck out freely, for he was wearing no shirt. He felt stupid to see his own self hurt physically over something so little. Tristan had hated Dylan for as long as he could remember just for the fact he was different.

               Dylan checked the clock hung against the taupe wall of his bedroom, ticking until it stopped abruptly at a quarter to four. His mind seemed to never leave the thought of what he had heard earlier although it wasn’t anything new. Whenever he wished to spare happiness when it visited, it always seemed to bring him back down. Almost like he were drowning in a large pool, only to reach the top and drown again. He threw on a shirt and made his way down the steep hardwood stairs, ignoring the agonizing pangs in his abdomen. He fumbled with the numerous silver locks on the heavily decorated door until it opened. His feet that were clad in a pair of all black vans splashed against the small puddles of water on the concrete sidewalk. A feminine figure walked towards him and she stopped right before him. He was in front of the park, where she should be; although she was right in front of him. The description matched unbelievably precisely. Her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders and ended right past her lower back. The beautiful brown eyes that hypnotized everyone had Dylan absolutely taken aback and breathless for the first time. She looked up from the ground quickly before storming past him, running off into the fog that surrounded the end of the neighborhood. Dylan was saddened.  For once he thought that he could make a friend.

               As Dylan opened the door to his house, he saw his sister sitting on the beat up vintage couch that dwelled in the corner of the small living room. Her face was full of mixed emotions and he could tell he was in for a great amount of yelling. That was all she came over to do. Her name was Meredith, a strong disciplined soul that wouldn’t let stupid things go. She was a mere age of twenty-two, nearing her last year of college. She heaved loudly before glaring into Dylan’s soul with her icy blue eyes, the only trait the two shared. “I had to pick you up today because you got beat up.” Meredith spat as she looked upon Dylan with disgust. Dylan rolled his eyes. “It wasn’t my fault I got beat up you idiot.” She scoffed at Dylan’s retort. “You’re going to get nowhere in life if you keep acting like a little brat, you hear me?!” Meredith yelled loudly before storming out the house. Dylan clenched his fists before he threw himself on the love seat and turned the television on. He angrily flipped through the channels before stopping on the local news. He heaved out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding in when he read the breaking news banner at the bottom of the small screen. “Breaking news, seven-teen year old Tristan Michelson was reported missing this afternoon while he was out with friends Luke Rodriguez and Kennedy Lane. Please contact Seattle police department if you know anything about Tristan’s disappearance.” The newscaster reported solemnly. Dylan let out a wry laugh, “Must suck to be you Tristan.”

               As the sun started to set, Dylan walked to the park again. It was raining lightly when he reached the park, and the fog seemed to thin out at the end of the neighborhood. He could see from where he stood still the girl from before stood like he was, staring off into space. She turned around sharply before taking long strides towards Dylan. Dylan was dead silent until she reached him. The rain grew heavier. She sighed lightly, “You’ve met your fate, now it’s time to grate your greatest memories and forget the ones most precious. Life isn’t fair, but everyone knows life isn’t eternal. It’s your choice to end it or live it in the feelings of agony.” Dylan furrowed his eyebrows before everything went dark.

               Dylan awoke to the scream of someone he didn’t know. The air was heavy and the tension in the air seemed to grow tighter. He opened his eyes to reveal a place he hasn’t been to before. He could see a person he has hated with great passion; Tristan. He was balled up in a corner, rocking back and forth muttering incoherent words under his breath. Tristan stared at Dylan with wide eyes before shouting, “You’re the one who has captured me and all these tormented souls!”

© 2014 olivia soto


Author's Note

olivia soto
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I really want to hear more!!!!!!! Please??!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Priceless. :) That was extremely descriptive in every description you used. It was a powerful beginning, and I wasn't surprised to see it end the same way. Amazing job. :) Continue writing, and I hope others see the same talent I saw. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2014
Last Updated on December 6, 2014

Author

olivia soto
olivia soto

royal palm beach, FL




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..