Memories From Boarding School: SAP

Memories From Boarding School: SAP

A Story by Alao Taiwo
"

It reflects on hard times while in boarding house, secondary school days. For me, those would be the toughest especially while I was a junior, days to come are taken care of. Prosperity

"
Memories From Boarding School: SAP
Stout, witty and fair-skinned Hpo traversed Niger (Blue) and Ogun (Green) house frequently; always neat in appearance with a dry mix of garri, milk and sugar in a nylon bag in his hand for swallow without water. During “SAP”, the combination became as valuable as a dry mix of cement, sand and granite for piling on a swampy waterlogged site; in fact so dear junior students did “soak and travel”: leaving a small quantity of garri to rise in water for minutes before drinking or “soak and bite”: not dissolving a cube of sugar in garri but biting it bit after spoon, bit by bit. Hpo would walk by the hostel in the evening and I would ask for a little on my palm, it tasted like my first kiss leaving ample appetite for more and a longing for the next dining bell after the morning wake.
There were days SAP desiccated the terrain so much that students broke into each other’s lockers and made away with what was found without funfair. These were terrible days of Job because the same happened to provision bags in the house of my guardian, boys exchanged bags without each other’s consent and I sometimes met the zip of my Ghana Must Go Bag torn with one thing or the other either missing or half-full. SAP became the thief; extra-strong, overbearing, housing students with an hungry envelop like a building without a substructure. It harassed boarding students in such manner I could compare with forcing a student to sleep on social nights in “FGCIK of the stall” while Uthman-Em, “Eminem” demonstrated his rap skill in the dining hall.

© 2017 Alao Taiwo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 7, 2017

Author

Alao Taiwo
Alao Taiwo

Asaba, Delta State, Nigeria



About
My name is Alao Taiwo O.(MSc. Construction Management, BSc. Building). more..

Writing
Tryst Tryst

A Story by Alao Taiwo


A Tugging A Tugging

A Story by Alao Taiwo