Mitch the Muse

Mitch the Muse

A Story by OneWhiteTIger
"

The first question everyone asks an author is, "Where do you get your ideas?" This is where I get mine.

"
When I was young, about twelve or so, I made a wonderful friend.  He wasn't a conventional friend.  He was in all of my classes, but not as a student or teacher.  He wasn't aware of social stigma or trying to keep up with what was popular.
His name is Mitch.  He is my muse.  I have a lot to tell you about him, but I will start with the fun stuff first!  Mitch is only about three inches tall.  He looks a little like a troll doll.  You might remember those.  They were popular in the '90s.  He is tougher though and wears a little tunic and breeches in a light tan color.  His hair doesn't stick straight up like a troll doll, either.  It is shoulder length and copper red.
He is an ornery little thing.  He gives me so much grief.  He is aggravated that his wonderful ideas have to flow through my pen because he is too small to hold one.  He grumbles all the time.  I think I saw him smile one time.  That's all, just once since I was twelve.  He smiled when I finished the book, Shannon's Life.
He is quite brilliant.  The ways he can twist the hook of a story; legendary.  His way with words; astonishing.  He constantly churns out ideas; some old and reworked and some original and breathtaking.
He is funny to watch when he is brainstorming.  He will wander down my arm to pace around on my desk.  When he is done pacing, he wanders back up my arm to take his place on my right shoulder.
He deserves his fifteen minutes of fame; his own piece of stardom.  He is the little voice which whispers in my ear and gives me all the stunning motivation I need to write for "our" fans!
He is my friend; my inspiration; my muse.

© 2015 OneWhiteTIger


Author's Note

OneWhiteTIger
This was just a fun little piece, meant to be entertaining. I hope you enjoyed the little diddy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Teagan would say, "damnit Mitch, get off the desk"!! Mitch sounds like a lot of fun.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OneWhiteTIger

8 Years Ago

I believe that after seeing the videos! I may have to make a line of Mitch the Muse trolls!
tammy

8 Years Ago

where the hell is the like button
OneWhiteTIger

8 Years Ago

LOL! They need one!
*laughs* This was cute! Go, Mitch! And I soooo remember those little troll dolls, lol!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OneWhiteTIger

8 Years Ago

Thanks! I think I had a mess of them when I was growing up. I would love to actually craft a littl.. read more
GloriAnne

8 Years Ago

*laughs like crazy* Oh, I soooooo want to see pictures of that!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 26, 2015
Last Updated on June 26, 2015

Author

OneWhiteTIger
OneWhiteTIger

MO



About
Determined, creative, driven, complex, duty-bound, craving. more..

Writing