Free

Free

A Story by Lulu~Forshage

 

"the room went dark, i didn't know what to do, i was lost, confused, cornered.......HE was chasing my shadow......................................."


When would he stop? When would he end this crazy, insane dream? Why wouldn't he accept what I have told him?!!!

I heard his footsteps closing in on me and I knew I had to move now, and quickly. I stood up and ran to my right, not allowing my hand to stray away from the wall. He came closer, I could sense his heavy, drunken footsteps clumsily chasing after me.

"Stop right there!!!" He called. I ignored his growl and moved faster. How long would I endure this? Why did I have to? I stumbled and fell to the ground, somersalting over one time, two times. I covered my head with my hands just as he tripped over me and collapsed behind me. I used this chance to run, scrambling to my feet and moving into the darkness. He couldn't tell which way I went, so he called out and yelled for me. I ended up misstepping and falling again, my body colliding with a metal table, causing pieces of metal to clatter to the floor. I clambered under the table, pulling my knees to my chest.

Tears slid down my cheeks, and I began to shake from the cold of the dark room. His footsteps grew nearer, and i attempted to silence myself, slow my breathing. Suddenly the footsteps ceased and all fell silent. I looked up and out, still unable to see anything. Suddenly his face appeared in front of mine and I screamed. He grabbed the front of my shirt and pulled me out. White light surrounded me.


Snow fell around me. His face and body loomed above mine.

"Get up!!! Please!!! Don't die on me!!!" His voice was ragged, as if he had been yelling for a long time. I sat up, but my body refused to follow. I touched my hand to his cheek. He looked shocked to see me, so I looked down to see I was simply a ghost. This was my chance. This was my chance to rest in peace.

"It's not your fault." I stood and began to float up. I watched him as I floated up, knowing now that we could both rest in peace. I knew he finally accepted, after these weeks and weeks of him chasing me.

I finally was dead.

© 2009 Lulu~Forshage


Author's Note

Lulu~Forshage
Totally thought the ending would come out much better...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey this is pretty good but mildly confusing but on the other hand great like frosted flakes thanks for the submission

Posted 14 Years Ago


Different.I like it.Certainly gripping.though could've been more poetic.i mean you could have described the atmosphere and made this one a bit longer,throwing in more elements that such stories have.But don't worry about the ending,it's good,really good.Good piece,altogether.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2009
Last Updated on July 10, 2009

Author

Lulu~Forshage
Lulu~Forshage

Deer Park, TX



About
I am an aspiring writer whom (despite the poetry I have posted) detests poetry (most of what I have was for English class) and enjoys an excellent paranormal or fantasy romance novel. I don't get much.. more..

Writing