Pretending Everything is Okay

Pretending Everything is Okay

A Poem by Onlyme

Put a smile on let's pretend
everything is okay
nothing wrong at all...... wrong
Just the usual
everyday life.
No" C word to mention"
be quiet...
the smile on
the fake show ...
starting...
I'm ready.
           Starting

© 2018 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Behind the makeup and the smile lies the reality. Life is fully explained in this succinct and absolutely spot on poem.

Beccy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

cheers Beccy.
This is something that happens a lot. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worse. Great job with this poem!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Glad you like it Sarah
I guess most of us do that... put on a smile and ensure the world believes our outstanding acting...
Some days we can't pull it off too well ..but then end of the day we all need those people with whom we can be the real us... no mask.. no acting... otherwise end of the day it tires us out...


Posted 5 Years Ago


Onlyme

5 Years Ago

So very true, Ardra
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M@
I think this is something every human can relate to - certainly I can. We all have a mask, we all need a mask. But we also all need that someone (it could be a loved one, a friend, a professional) with whom we can remove the mask and be true. Sometimes the truth comes when we take the mask off in front of the mirror.
Lovely piece. Universal


Posted 5 Years Ago


This is a nice piece. It reminds me of one aspect of being human that is universal; which is the face we show to the outside world versus the one we show ourselves.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sometimes we need to put on a show for other people, because they can not handle us being real yet, but what a relief when we no longer have to put on a show, and the masks come off....I liked this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is what I do in my daily life.Putting fake smile on my face in front of others and hiding all tears but you know that sometimes makes you more strong also..When you try to show the harder and the stronger shell of you to others , I don't know how but you actually start getting strong but you know there should be people in your life in front of whom you need not put this make up of fake smile on your face and with whom you can share your tears...I loved the way you expressed it..
Keep on writing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


And that's how you get through it. You put on a show when the curtains draw back and you are on stage, and then when the curtains close and you are backstage you are bawling your eyes out and trying not to crumble. Sending you a hug (( ))

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

True Chris and thank you Hugs.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2018
Last Updated on July 15, 2018
Tags: pretending

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme