Benefits of AI Enabled Project Management

Benefits of AI Enabled Project Management

A Story by Jay Dee
"

Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in project and task management tools is helping in developing chat bots and adding AI enabled functionalities to get engage with users.

"

Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Project Management are being discussed together for a while now.


Rather seriously! There is anxiety and excitement in almost equal measures among professionals across the globe.

What makes Project Management so relevant for Artificial Intelligence (AI)?


The answer is straight forward and lies in the very definition of AI and Machine Learning (ML). Let us take a look.

Artificial Intelligence or AI sometimes called machine intelligence, is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans. Colloquially, the term "artificial intelligence" is often used to describe machines (or computers) that mimic "cognitive" functions that humans associate with the human mind, such as "learning" and "problem solving”.


In simpler terms, AI enables machines to learn, think and act like humans. AI uses data, servers and algorithms to train machines for specific actions such as recognizing objects, reasoning, problem solving, planning, and perception.


Machine learning (ML) is the scientific study of algorithms and statistical models that computer systems use in order to perform a specific task effectively without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead. It is seen as a subset of artificial intelligence.


After careful review of both their definitions, one can safely state that AI and ML help provide deep insights from a huge data source built over time which is often difficult to track by us.


If you take a further closer look, ML enables identifying patterns and structures within the data and predict outcomes of specific activities. 

Do note that the data is nothing else but “human actions and inputs recorded by various systems during the course of a specific activity or a project”.

© 2019 Jay Dee


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on August 19, 2019
Last Updated on August 19, 2019
Tags: Artificial Intelligence, AI, Project Management, Project Management with AI, AI in Project Management

Author

Jay Dee
Jay Dee

San Jose, CA



About
Orangescrum is an all-in-one project management tool that carries useful features like, task management, time tracking, Gantt chart, Kanban view, scrum methodology, resource availability, invoicing an.. more..

Writing