Self Hosted Project Management Software for Hassle-free Project Collaboration

Self Hosted Project Management Software for Hassle-free Project Collaboration

A Story by Jay Dee
"

You need to keep your team connected on a single platform to ensure improved collaboration and team management. It is important to evaluate some of the good project collaboration tools in terms of fea

"

Collaboration is the most overused word in the business world. Most managers often think of messaging, chat, and document-sharing activities as collaboration.

Sometimes terms like coordination, collaboration, and cooperation are used to explain “effective teamwork”. These terms if not used in the right context fail to convey the exact meaning of “project collaboration”. The lack of knowledge in project collaboration creates a barrier to building a powerful workplace.

A 2016 survey has found that 70% of American employees are reducing economic growth by not working with full potential. In this group, more than half were found absent and one-fifth are disengaged.  

Around 96% of CEOs believe that poor communication and collaboration is the primary reason behind workplace failure. Lack of the right collaboration tools and processes at an organization level leads to project failure.

What Is Project Collaboration Exactly?

Project collaboration is a communication system that is used by resources to complete their tasks within the project.

When an organization grows, collaboration becomes more critical. From research, it has been found that organizations with good collaboration achieve better outcomes in the areas of enhanced customer satisfaction, employee productivity, better revenue, and accelerated innovation.

In earlier days, emailing was trusted as the preferred mode of collaboration by project managers and project teams.

But today, the demand has gone down. Project managers aren’t preferring sending emails each time for their project collaboration.

Today businesses and projects rely on remote workers. Several cases say that the time spent on email can reduce business productivity. Also, information gets lost in email because of CC’s, BCC’s, forwarding, and long email threads.

A report noted that- “time spent on email can be cut by 25%-30% by introducing a social networking communications platform for easy access and sharing. This can help prevent information silos and decreased productivity through disengaged employees

© 2022 Jay Dee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Jay Dee
Jay Dee

San Jose, CA



About
Orangescrum is an all-in-one project management tool that carries useful features like, task management, time tracking, Gantt chart, Kanban view, scrum methodology, resource availability, invoicing an.. more..

Writing